Having two backgrounds at once? With Rox2.3.

Please post any bugs you have found
flamesage

Having two backgrounds at once? With Rox2.3.

#1 Post by flamesage »

It seems Rox2.3 adds it's own background somehow, because whenever I run Aterm, it seems to want to choose the background that is set with the old "Set background" script.

I set my new background by right-clicking and selecting Backdrops, and set it that way, how would I get the old type of background choosing to show up?
Attachments
bug.jpg
(53.55 KiB) Downloaded 517 times

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

Yeah.... There are a couple ways for walpapers to be kept track of. I actually once had it to the point that I had three (3) different backgrounds that came up when booting. Rox 2.3 keeps it stored in /root/Choices20/Rox-Filer/PuppyPin. The old one is in /etc/background. That would probably be your second ghost walpaper. My third one came from /etc/background2, which was a result of the setwallpaper dotpup.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#3 Post by GuestToo »

and icewm can set it's own background ... and so can Fluxbox

flamesage

#4 Post by flamesage »

Is there anyway I could like sync all of theese?

Pizzasgood

#5 Post by Pizzasgood »

Should be possible. If nothing else, just set everything to one symlink, then just change (or have a script change) that symlink.

I considered it at a couple points, but I've been to lazy. I'll add it to my to-do list if it's nothing you want immediately. I just entered another busy streak at school so I'm not sure when I could get around to it, but I get a whole week off for Thanksgiving, so I'm going to try to catch up on my sleep and Puppy work then.

EDIT: Pizzapup comes with Rox and the /etc/background set to /usr/share/images/wallpaper (a symlink) already. All it misses is the script.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]