1.0.5: bug in burniso2cd? (Solved)

Please post any bugs you have found
Flash
Official Dog Handler

1.0.5: bug in burniso2cd? (Solved)

#1 Post by Flash »

I had this same thing happen in 1.0.5rc, namely, when I click on "okay" in this window:

this window immediately pops up:

without the CD ever being burned. I'm guessing it has something to do with the SCSI thing, since the first window says the burner is /dev/scd0 even though I'm not using SCSI emulation.
Last edited by Flash on Thu 29 Sep 2005, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

Yes, you have a leftover from 1.0.4.
I will modify burniso2cd to detect this condition, but it is
easy to remedy.

scsi-emul is turned off, but the CD/DVD Wizard is still set to CD burner device = /dev/scd0.
Solution: run the Wizard again and click the "Choose burner" button.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

You were right Barry, but still no joy. Here's what the window shows now, just before I click OK:

After I click OK a pink window flashes by so quickly I can't tell anything about it, then the green window shows up again.

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#4 Post by GuestToo »

you can run burniso2cd from an rxvt window so you can see any messages

what the program does is:

Code: Select all

cdrecord -data -eject -v speed=4 dev=ATAPI:/dev/hdc $ISOFILE
so you could try running that in an rxvt window to see if there are any error messages ... replace $ISOFILE with the path to your iso file, of course

by the way, i do not think burniso2cd will work if the iso file is in a folder that has any spaces in it, like "My Documents" ... "my-documents" would be ok

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#5 Post by Flash »

HOORAY! Success at last! Thanks Guest Too and Barry.

I was trying to burn the CD with an iso from a folder with several spaces in its name, in an NTFS partition. :lol: I moved the iso to a folder I named "Downloads", in /root, and then burniso2cd worked.

Since burniso2cd gave me the option, I chose to burn a multisession CD. I'll see how that goes. :)

jcoder24

#6 Post by jcoder24 »

I tried using burniso2cd from Puppy 1.0.6 to burn the new 1.0.6 multisession iso and got the same results as indicated originally by flash.

In this case, I'm using an external usb cd burner which is setup as /dev/scd0. Does all external usb burners use scsi emulation? Can the script be modified to work for both scsi emulated and non-scsi emulated burners?

BarryK
Puppy Master

#7 Post by BarryK »

jcoder24 wrote:I tried using burniso2cd from Puppy 1.0.6 to burn the new 1.0.6 multisession iso and got the same results as indicated originally by flash.

In this case, I'm using an external usb cd burner which is setup as /dev/scd0. Does all external usb burners use scsi emulation? Can the script be modified to work for both scsi emulated and non-scsi emulated burners?
I've fixed the burniso2cd script for 1.0.7. Maybe GuestToo will put the fix in his Service Pack also.

External usb drive... I dunno. Will have to think about that one.
Problem is, the burniso2cd puts "ATAPI:" prefix in front of device name.
This looks like a case for another patch for burniso2cd.
You wouldn't have to have scsi-emaul turned on.

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#8 Post by GuestToo »

I've fixed the burniso2cd script for 1.0.7. Maybe GuestToo will put the fix in his Service Pack also.
i could if i knew where it was ... is it an Unleashed package?

BarryK
Puppy Master

#9 Post by BarryK »

/usr/sbin/burniso2cd

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#10 Post by GuestToo »

if you are implying i could edit the burniso2cd file in 1.0.6 and add it to SP 106, i could do that, of course

if you only changed the cdrecord and growisofs $ISOFILE's to "$ISOFILE", then the file would probably be the same as your file

i guess i could add burniso2cd to SP 106 ... anyway, it would be easy to update SP 106 again if my burniso2cd did not work properly

so i added partview, pmount, and burniso2cd to SP 106