2 sets of backup disks

Promote Puppy !
peppyy

2 sets of backup disks

#1 Post by peppyy »

Thought I just had to share this. I set up a refurb ibm laptop with xp today. I put the backup disks for my laptop next to the ones that I spent the evening making for the new laptop. I just had to take a photo.
Attachments
2oses.jpg
Which os would you rather reinstall?
(29.75 KiB) Downloaded 582 times
Puppy Linux...
It just works!

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

Yeesh! My windows backup plan is this:
*Use the win98 and 98SE disks I got from my uncle
*Use the cd with a couple of my "important" documents (some art, an out-of-date list of my Sonic Comics, a couple programs, an "ancient" (almost 2 years old) backup of my website, and some small programs I wrote)
*Sob over the stuff lost, then keep on truckin' as most of it was just a couple gigs of music and wallpaper, all of which I can get again, and my savefiles for video games, which can be an excuse to play them again ;)

The more up-to-date website is on my Linux partition, where I also have a more up-to-date record of my comics stored in a mysql database (had to learn somehow) and the most recent version of my unfinished game engine, codenamed "Tajada de Jamon."

Puppy plan:
*Insert cd.
*Mount install filesystem image from hd and install all stuff I need
*Continue as usual.

I now try to store most of my important stuff in my Linux partition, which I rarely use anymore. That way Windows can't touch it, and a corrupt pupfile won't harm it either.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]