PupWin98.zip with Puppy 1.0.1 now available

News, happenings
JaDy

PupWin98.zip with Puppy 1.0.1 now available

#1 Post by JaDy »

PupWin98.zip with Puppy 1.0.1 is now available here:
http://www.freeveda.org/linux/puppy/

Puppy Linux for Win98 works with Windows 98 with no need for floppy disk and no need for cd-rom drive.

This is Puppy Linux version 1.0.1 with Mozilla, re-packaged as a zip archive file with a few pieces added to run from your Windows 98 desktop. You'll need an un-zip program like ALZip or WinZip to handle the zip file.
Felicitations & Facilitations, Rev. John G. Derrickson
Wrote fast. Goofs happen. Tell me.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Win98 and XP version?

#2 Post by Lobster »

:) Good News.

This is a news item for June 3
http://www.goosee.com/puppy/wikka/LatestNews

Be interested how this works out. Still does not work on my system and I will probably have to wait for the XP version. (I am running Windows 98 from an XP boot in a windows000 directory)
The website is very easy to follow but I did notice some kittens on it and knowing some of our Puppys are scared by bright boot up screens, they should perhaps be warned. The kittens are virtual and safe.

Puppy CD boot suits me fine. Who is using this? Is it fun? I am sure it must be . . .

JaDy

#3 Post by JaDy »

Safe in Puppy Linux. Maybe not so safe in Windows. Safe in my Windows 'cause I got it locked down tight [praying]. :roll:

I suppose Lobster's kittens are the ad banners. Need money. Still, I don't like the ads so I put that "printable" link in the top left corner to chase away the kittens. :wink:

Yes, emphatically, the cd boot is the bestest-safest way to go -- for those who can go there. Still, I think PupWin98.zip is easy to install and, with a penguin icon on my Windows desktop, soo cool. 8)

Incidentally, I'm now working on PupWin95, PupWinXP and PupWinQE, all along the same lines as PupWin98. Pray for me.
Felicitations & Facilitations, Rev. John G. Derrickson
Wrote fast. Goofs happen. Tell me.