IceWM Themes Exchange

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
blacktulipgirl

#141 Post by blacktulipgirl »

I already had installed EZpup-4.0- didn't realize I had and it was one of the first things! But thanks for the link... every moment I am learning more about this amazing os.... thanks so much.

Here is my desktop now, totally customized:

I'm getting the hang of it I think :D
[b][color=darkred]"I'm shiny, Captain."[/color][/b] Kaylee on Firefly [i](my fave show of all time!)[/i]

Acer Aspire 3623 Laptop w/256MB RAM, 40G HD, Atheros AR5005G Wireless, Intel Celeron M, Running Puppy 4.0 Full Install!!!

I LOVE PUPPY!!!

eden6000

#142 Post by eden6000 »

Hi guys, just a question to you icewm-experts :-)
I have searched, but haven't been able to find the answer: how can you have the app icon showing on the application bar (usually at the left side)? I'm using "Slickness-MU" theme, but the app bar is all black.....it would be nice to add the relative icon at the left side (like, for istance for "Vistablack" theme)...I suppose it depends from some theme setting, hope I'm not going wrong.....
Thanks

WhoDo

#143 Post by WhoDo »

eden6000 wrote:I have searched, but haven't been able to find the answer: how can you have the app icon showing on the application bar (usually at the left side)?
You can find out lots about using IceWM from the EZpup Help page on the community web site.

Essentially you need to edit the /root/.icewm/toolbar file and add your program description, location and icon at the end of that file after the "}".

There is also a setting in /root/.icewm/preferences to allow you to display the "desktop" icon and "quicklaunch" icon.
The latter can be used to access and edit the Icewm startup and toolbar files directly.

Hope that helps.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

eden6000

#144 Post by eden6000 »

Thanks WhoDo, but from your answer I feel I didn't explain me well (translating from italian is not always so straight...). The bar I was talking about is the one that is in these 2 screenshots I attach, and the icon is the one at the extreme left...I suppose it's a setting that is inside the specific theme, not an icewm preference
Attachments
sticks.jpg
rox icon at left
(12.95 KiB) Downloaded 3850 times
slick.jpg
no rox icon at left
(16.04 KiB) Downloaded 3820 times

WhoDo

#145 Post by WhoDo »

eden6000 wrote:Thanks WhoDo, but from your answer I feel I didn't explain me well (translating from italian is not always so straight...). The bar I was talking about is the one that is in these 2 screenshots I attach, and the icon is the one at the extreme left...I suppose it's a setting that is inside the specific theme, not an icewm preference
Ok, that's the title bar and if you are using IceWM the default icon for that is in the /root/.icewm/themes/{theme_name}/icons directory for the theme you are using. It is called app_16x16.xpm for the default, but individual applications can also call their own version.

You can enable that as follows. In each theme directory is a file called default.theme and that contains the instructions to display the icon in the title bar of your windows. Here is a section of code for one of my modified themes:

Code: Select all

Look=flat
Gradients= "menubg.xpm taskbuttonactive.xpm menusel.xpm dialogbg.xpm workspacebuttonactive.xpm taskbuttonbg.xpm taskbuttonminimized.xpm"
RolloverButtonsSupported=1

ShowMenuButtonIcon=1
TitleButtonsLeft="s"
TitleButtonsRight="xmi"
TitleButtonsSupported="sdhxmir"
#TitleButtonsSupported="xism"
TitleBarHeight=24

TitleBarJustify=50
The relevent lines in this case are:
ShowMenuButtonIcon=1
TitleButtonsLeft="s"
TitleButtonsSupported="sdhxmir"

Hope that helps.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]

eden6000

#146 Post by eden6000 »

Yes, that was, the title bar....thanks for the details about icewm themes locations, but I think that the icon directory in /root/.icewm/themes/{theme_name}/icons is not the one that contains the icons I need, I suppose Icewm "brings" the icons for the title bar from the system icon directory. Btw, the theme settings to alter are the ones you said, I tried previously something similar but with no success...now the icon is showing, BUT (there is always a "but" :D ) it's all"distorted", like this:

Any idea?
Attachments
title_bar.jpg
(35.85 KiB) Downloaded 1173 times

WhoDo

#147 Post by WhoDo »

eden6000 wrote:Yes, that was, the title bar....thanks for the details about icewm themes locations, but I think that the icon directory in /root/.icewm/themes/{theme_name}/icons is not the one that contains the icons I need,
That contains the default for that theme only. If you are looking for the icons that are called by applications, those can be anywhere in your $PATH; like /usr/share/icons for example. With EZpup I put a whole bunch of applications icons in /root/.icewm/icons directory where they can be called by the /root/.icewm/winoptions file.
eden6000 wrote:I tried previously something similar but with no success...now the icon is showing, BUT (there is always a "but" :D ) it's all"distorted", like this:

Any idea?
Yes! The reason you get that is that the theme you are using has a menuButtonA.xpm, menuButtonI.xpm or menuButtonO.xpm that already has an icon included. The menuButton?.xpm's live in the /root/.icewm/themes/{theme_name} directory. The two icons compete and confuse the display. I always find it best to create a blank menuButton set as a background for the chosen default or application icon. Then the distortion doesn't happen. BTW, the A, I and O stand for Active, Inactive and rollOver.

Check the size of your current menuButton, then make a backup copy. Create a new menuButton set with the same size and the same background as your title bar, Active or Inactive or both, but NO icon. When you restart your Icewm the distortion should disappear.

Hope that helps.

bones01

#148 Post by bones01 »

I need some guidance with the ICEwm themes. I know that Ice is there, and I've downloaded the collection of themes from Willhunt (I think that's the name). I know they are there, because when I go to menu-settings-themes there's a great collection of themes. But when I click on any of them, the only thing that changes is the task bar and the menu bar; the wallpaper and icons stay exactly the same.
Where am I going wrong?
Any guidance will be followed.
I'm using Puppy 4.00 Frugal install. I've also downloaded EZpup.
Thanks

BTW, Blacktulipgirl, I like what you have put together. I'll try wbar once I get everything else going.

eden6000

#149 Post by eden6000 »

Thanks WhoDo, you're right, my theme already has those buttons you mentioned, so that's the source of the problem..as soon as I have some time I'll try your suggestions!

@bones01: as far as I know changing Icewm theme doesn't necessarily change also wallpapers and desktop icons.....it depends on how the theme is created and what it includes: it will surely change the look of the taskbar, titlebar, clock and other things, but to change the icons you have to move in other ways...I'm using Pizzapup (puppy 2.12), in this version there is no icon theme changer, but I've seen in the latest version (eg puppy4) this has been included. For the desktop background you have 2 ways: you can either use the desktop background chooser app, or right-clicking on a desktop icon, then "backdrop" and choose your wallpaper.
hope that helps

eden6000

bones01

#150 Post by bones01 »

Thanks eden for the clarification. Perhaps I was expecting more than I should :oops: . Will have a closer look if I get a chance later.

WhoDo

#151 Post by WhoDo »

bones01 wrote:...when I click on any of them, the only thing that changes is the task bar and the menu bar; the wallpaper and icons stay exactly the same.
IceWM is a window manager, so IceWM themes only affect the windows i.e. the taskbar window, titlebar and borders, menu, etc.

The inside areas of the window are controlled by the Gtk-2.0 theme. I included a number of these in EZpup-4.0 and there is a Gtk theme changer on the menu>Xdesktop sub-menu

To change the wallpaper you need to use the background changer/setter from menu>Xdesktop sub-menu.

To change the desktop icons in Dingo you need to use the desktop icon changer in the same location.

Since you have downloaded and installed EZpup you can also change the mouse cursor with the cursor selector application - also located on the Xdesktop sub-menu.

Finally, you can change the ROX-Filer default icon theme by right-clicking any desktop icon, choosing ROX-Filer>Options>Types>Themes ... I think I included Ultimate Gnome as an alternative in EZpup-4.0 ... the others listed in the dialogue would be Xcursor themes for the mouse and won't work using this method.

Hope that helps

Colonel Panic

#152 Post by Colonel Panic »

There are some good themes for icewm in this site;

http://icewm2.wz.cz/themes.html

blacktulipgirl

Where do I find this wallpaper?

#153 Post by blacktulipgirl »

I had this wallpaper, but then I had to do a renstall of puppy and lost it:

I thought I knew where to get it but I can't find it.... anyone have any idea where to get this? I think its called Smooth Emerald Theta. But I can't find it searching for that.

Emms
[b][color=darkred]"I'm shiny, Captain."[/color][/b] Kaylee on Firefly [i](my fave show of all time!)[/i]

Acer Aspire 3623 Laptop w/256MB RAM, 40G HD, Atheros AR5005G Wireless, Intel Celeron M, Running Puppy 4.0 Full Install!!!

I LOVE PUPPY!!!

WhoDo

Re: Where do I find this wallpaper?

#154 Post by WhoDo »

blacktulipgirl wrote:I had this wallpaper, but then I had to do a renstall of puppy and lost it: ...
I thought I knew where to get it but I can't find it.... anyone have any idea where to get this? I think its called Smooth Emerald Theta. But I can't find it searching for that.
It's called Theta Space and I found it and downloaded it for you (attached). Simply download and click on the file and it will unpack wherever you have put it.

Hope that helps.

blacktulipgirl

#155 Post by blacktulipgirl »

WhoDo wrote:It's called Theta Space and I found it and downloaded it for you (attached). Simply download and click on the file and it will unpack wherever you have put it. Hope that helps.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! You have made me happier than a mere wallpaper should make a girl, but I have it on my desktop again and yeah! Its perfect.

Thanks for going to the trouble.

Emms

I LOVE PUPPY!!!

ttuuxxx

#156 Post by ttuuxxx »

blacktulipgirl wrote:I had this wallpaper, but then I had to do a renstall of puppy and lost it:

Emms
If you like "Theta Space" its part of a Fractal collection, Have a look here at maybe 100 different ones including Theta Space
http://sgeier.net/fractals/indexe.php
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

blacktulipgirl

#157 Post by blacktulipgirl »

ttuuxxx wrote:If you like "Theta Space" its part of a Fractal collection, Have a look here at maybe 100 different ones including Theta Space
http://sgeier.net/fractals/indexe.php
ttuuxxx

I loved them! I downloaded about 30... thanks so much!!!

Emms

I LOVE PUPPY!!!

Colonel Panic

#158 Post by Colonel Panic »

Thanks for the link, I've bookmarked it for future reference.

Eyes-Only

#159 Post by Eyes-Only »

^^^Ditto what they said Ttuuxxx! Wowzers! That site is just out of this world! I've bookmarked it for later but took a bunch for myself for now... And now I'm off to share the link with others. A site this spectacular you just can't keep to yourself! :shock:

Thanks Ttuuxxx!!

Amicalement/Cheers!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

puppyluvr

#160 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
Here is a blue led clock for Icewm if anyone wants one... :D

Just replace ...../usr/share/icewm/ledclock...... with this one...
Enjoy... :D
Attachments
ClockBlue.tar.gz
Blue LED Clock for Icewm
(1.03 KiB) Downloaded 961 times
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...