JWM Themes Exchange

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
playdayz

Hey Eyes-Only

#121 Post by playdayz »

@ Eyes-Only, I just noticed the other day that they still think about you on the K-Meleon forum. The note said that you hadn't posted there since 2005--and I thought, wait a minute, I see his posts often. I have found that the new K-Meleon 1.5.0 runs nicely in wine (with only one really annoying flaw--the url bar doesn't update properly). I still use it most of the time anyway, just because it has such soul ;-) I think it is no accident that people who like K-meleon also like Puppy. best.

Eyes-Only

#122 Post by Eyes-Only »

Thank you playdayz and I'm glad that you very much appreciate the "Little Browser That Could". Thanks for the compliments. My! My! Now I'm somewhat embarrassed... I've been discovered lurking about in the Linux World! :oops: LOL!

Amicalement/Cheers!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

wilson

Off-White Green Theme

#123 Post by wilson »

Hi, thought I would throw my theme out there, it's off-white/green and works well when you have a green image for your desktop. It's the first theme I have developed for Puppy 4.0, and this is the first time I have created a tar file, so let me know if it doesn't work.

The two files should be able to be extracted from the tar file after download and put in /root/.jwm/themes. This should allow you to go in to the JWM Configuration Manager and choose the theme (should be listed as WhiteGreen).

Enjoy, comments welcome.

Attachments
WhiteGreenTheme.tar.gz
(674 Bytes) Downloaded 1007 times

zigbert

#124 Post by zigbert »

What a wonderful first post!

Will you share your backgkround too

What about your conky configuration?

Have you looked at a matching gtk-theme?

Sigmund

wilson

#125 Post by wilson »

Thanks, Sigmund.

The background has been uploaded to my photostream at Flickr here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79391634@N00/2792801133/

You can select to view different sizes and then download the large-size to use for your desktop.

I have attached my conky.rc file, you may need to edit if you don't use eth0.

As for a gtk theme, I am using the gradient grey with this JWM theme. I haven't looked in to developing my own gtk theme yet, I don't even know what would be involved. I'm sure I can find something here in the forums, that's something I will be checking out soon.

Gary
Attachments
conkyrcOffwhiteGreen.tar.gz
(3.45 KiB) Downloaded 714 times

steve_s

#126 Post by steve_s »

Ok, I have a question about putting a new theme in...

I can do that fine in JWM, but I would like theme_switcher to show the window and tray pictures of the new theme that I've put in there.

How can I do that?

I put a new them in there (from this thread) then png's of the window and of the tray in the same /root/.jwm/themes/ folder but don't know how to get the preview pictures new to the theme name in theme_switcher.

How can I do that? :?

Edit: sorry, forgot to add: I'm using 4.0.

puppyluvr

#127 Post by puppyluvr »

:D steve_s

Put them in /.jwm.themes with the rest..
However, they most be under 2kb, for some reason, or they wont show up.

steve_s

#128 Post by steve_s »

puppyluvr wrote::D steve_s

Put them in /.jwm.themes with the rest..
However, they most be under 2kb, for some reason, or they wont show up.
Aha! That's what it is...I saw the script and it looked like it included them just fine, yet they weren't actually showing up...I'll change that today.

Thanks! 8)

puppyluvr

#129 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
Update to my Blue-Jay theme..
Added some gradients and remembered to include .jwmrc tray this time.

Attachments
Jwm-Blue-Jay.tar.gz
(4.17 KiB) Downloaded 839 times
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

maggotspawn

#130 Post by maggotspawn »

I can't seem to get the Vista theme in the first post to work. Followed the directions but it isn't listed as a theme in JWM configuration.

maggotspawn

#131 Post by maggotspawn »

In addition I can get .jwmrc-tray.gz from the first post to work either. I'd really like to have that look for a Puplet I'm working on.

steve_s

#132 Post by steve_s »

8) Wilson: great greenwhite theme!

What icons are you using with that? How did you set that up? You using 4.0 Puppy?

maximegb

#133 Post by maximegb »

Minimalist, as I like.

(I've tweaked the source code of jwm to remove the frames around the tasks in the taskbar.)

DaveS

#134 Post by DaveS »

Hi everybody. I am simply overwhelmed by some of the beautiful art you guys have created. Stunning. I want to start with this myself, but have hit a problem. I have 4.1, and it seems to have a separate configuration file for the tray, which does NOT have a font section. Would somebody please give me the correct syntax insertion to change the tray, and consequently the menu font? I want to use DejaVu Sans 12

vg1

#135 Post by vg1 »

DaveS -
tray configuration files only contain colours [hence the name 'citrus-cut-colors' etc]. Tray fonts and tasklist fonts are in the main theme file [eg citrus-cut-jwmrc], which gets copied to /.jwm/jwmrc-theme. Edit the fonts in the concerned theme and restart jwm to check the result.

Certain themes' fonts may appear tiny, or huge, because the global font size of the system in which they applied used may be different from the one on which they were created.

To get around that you might insert this in /.jwm/jwmrc-personal:

<!-- Personally configurable options for JWM: these override default settings and theme settings -->

<JWM>

<WindowStyle>
<Font>DejaVu Sans-13</Font>
<Height>24</Height>
</WindowStyle>

<TaskListStyle>
<Font>DejaVu Sans-12</Font>
</TaskListStyle>

<TrayStyle>
<Font>DejaVu Sans-14</Font>
</TrayStyle>

<MenuStyle>
</MenuStyle>

<PopupStyle>
</PopupStyle>

<!-- Number of virtual desktops -->

...followed by the other stuff already there.

By varying the font style, size, weight [bold or not] or colour you can fine tune the fonts of all themes to appear to your liking on your system. The above example does not includes colours as that would depend on the theme used and is best handled in each theme as is. The trayStyle above controls the clock font, and it's bigger in this example than the menu font.

As this overrides the original theme fonts it's not good for evaluating entire themes [ie including fonts]. But it does adjust all to your liking. So you may wish to disable you preferences temporarily while testing or making themes [by renaming the file to, say, jwmrc-personal-bak], then re-enable for normal use.

vg
-

DaveS

#136 Post by DaveS »

Thanks vg1, I got it now.

hendrikus

Re: JWM Themes Exchange

#137 Post by hendrikus »

WhoDo wrote:After I created the IceWM Themes Exchange, the occasional poster was moved to ask "Where is the JWM Themes Exchange?" In answer to that, and on account of some new JWM themes being posted by cb88 and others, I have created this thread for JWM devotees.

To get the ball rolling, I have taken a JWM theme created by Tom at the JWM developer forum, and given it the WhoDo treatment. Here is a screenshot of the result. Remember, this is JWM!

Caution! These will overwrite your .jwmrctray and themeslist files, so remember to make a backup copy first if you have altered them.
After Dingo (no modem support) and two days trying to get NOP410 functional on my system , it doesn't seems to work, so I decided to Install the Puppy 411, the only Puppy Distro seems to be stable and support my needs. The only disadvantage I don't like the Desktop, I like the minimalism style.

I tried to install the theme above because the consistency in icons and it seems the maximum I can get using JWM. But maybe I don't understand it, but there is nearly no change when I install it. What I'm doing wrong? Or is there someone who can help me where I find a professional theme and how to install it, like by example gnome on my SuSE system, even better with 3D Desktop..

Thanks in advanced.

#138 Post by 106498 »

maximegb wrote:Minimalist, as I like.

(I've tweaked the source code of jwm to remove the frames around the tasks in the taskbar.)
That looks really nice!! Maybe you could release a pet for that tweaked JWM that installs next to the normal JWM so you could choose xwin jwm/xwin jwm-pimped or something, but that would use the same configuration/themes? Maybe asking too much there. Other than that, what gtk theme are you using?
[color=green]An expert is just a beginner with experience.[/color]
Shamelessly representing [url=http://www.tdem.co.nz]TdeM[/url]!

`f00

simple mod

#139 Post by `f00 »

Dang but the screenies look dim in win32 (but no choice as I still only have a winmodem .. sigh).

Here's a link to a screenie (285 K) of how my jwm theme fangdark looks on Wolf Pup's White Fang 0.2 puplet. Not sure if I can attach the theme, but we'll see - kind of new on this forum, eh(; - no visual aids to go with the basic files, just extract/plunk`em in /root/.jwm/themes dir and add to the themeslist there so's you can choose it via the basic jwm interface. I use a couple icons from Everaldo's crystal set if I recall correctly (32x32 seems to work comfy for me and I like to give credit due). If you want the resize+ of Wolf Pup's close_enough.jpeg background that I used on my 1024x768 display, here's another link - oddly enough it's a larger filesize even though it's smaller dimension-wise (not crazy about .jpgs in general, but this one seems to work nicely enough). Rollin' dem bones now, boss ..

.. oya, tiny extra for my fellow n00Bs (bothersome having a non-contrasty xload background), so that's "-bg navy" for the sailors towards the end of .jwmrc-tray :)

add an 'update' for compatibility with newer 4.1
`081114
I'll be darned, versions are different ;) so here's an update for the new way of jwm (this pretty much looks the same, just took a bit of twisting my head to the terms relative to make it go in P41 and whatever else uses the newer approach). Even tried it on a 640x480 display for funs ( full-size screenie here ). Things get cramped in a hurry when you're used to a 'reasonable' desktop .. and hardly anyone I know thinks beyond the frame by pan, zoom or virtual (unless they do it regularly). Maybe someday I'll get advanced enough to comprehend how a gtk theme works .. anything's possible (;

.. mhm, creos00t ..
For those who have tried my other jwm mods, a little of the same and a bit else - along the lines of the aqua persuasion this time (sometimes called turqoise after the stone that is often but not always of that coloration). Perhaps some day I shall do a .pet - but extraction is a small hands-on experience. Only tested in P410, 411 and 412 .. simple instructions included. screenie here
Attachments
turqdark41.tar.gz
md5=224F6B89FE9D093F0A70A0AFE59E8149
(4.83 KiB) Downloaded 871 times
mutedark-41.tar.gz
md5=EC6C3BAD8A72D1D068D257F9D62A9498
(2.58 KiB) Downloaded 1032 times
jwmfangdarktheme.tar.gz
md5=B10464E0C61FEE9F103B3D412A159E39
(918 Bytes) Downloaded 1081 times
Last edited by `f00 on Thu 25 Dec 2008, 05:19, edited 2 times in total.

#140 Post by 106498 »

Here's the theme I'm currently using, it was automatically created using apply current gtk theme button when using the stardust theme. I just sort of made it into a proper theme with pics for the chooser. Just get the theme and decompress into ~/.jwm/themes.

Download from here

Screenshot:

The background Image I'm using is right here:
Just save into /usr/share/backgrounds and use the wallpaper setter to tile.
[color=green]An expert is just a beginner with experience.[/color]
Shamelessly representing [url=http://www.tdem.co.nz]TdeM[/url]!