Hugin - excellent (but big) panorama and HDR making gui

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
disciple

#1 Post by disciple »

hugin-0.7.0-i386.pet 5.2MB

Stiches overlapping photos together to make one big image - even does very good automatic white balance and exposure matching.
Stiches images with different exposures together to see detail in the dark and the light areas (High Dynamic Range images).

-----------------------
N.B. recent Puppies include fotoxx, which generally does a pretty good job (considering how TINY it is) at making panoramas if you have the white balance on your camera set instead of on auto. I imagine it does an even better job of making HDR images, but I've never tried that.
-----------------------

This is the latest stable version, stolen from Fedora. It generally does an incredible job of joining the panoramas I took when I was on holiday and forgot to set my white balance :)

Requires (let me know if I missed anything):
unicode wx-gtk 3.3MB (previous packages are not unicode enabled and are therefore incompatible).
enblend-enfuse-3.2.pet 1MB (compiled without GPU mode support - if you have a fancy video card you might want to get libGLU, libGLUT, libGLEW, and either recompile this or use the Fedora package)
Openexr (libs only - not CLI tools) and ilmbase 0.3MB
Boost library very small
make very small (if you haven't got Puppy's devx file)
Panorama tools (libpano13 version) 0.2MB
SDL 0.2MB
libxmi very small (Also stolen from Fedora).
exiv2 0.6MB
exiftool apparently - I've been seeing warning messages during stiching, but otherwise it's been working without it. You might see different results with a different camera or something.

Recommended:
autopano-sift-c (0.1MB) or similar. Autopano-sift-C gives a warning that the University of British Columbia has applied for a patent on the sift algorithm in the US so you may need to apply for a license for commercial use.

Optional:
The help is here 1.7MB
The NLS (language) files are here

I upxed all the executables except in the libpano package (And I didn't make the SDL and exiv2 packages), so you should really un-upx them if you put them in an .sfs or a remastered CD.

You need to go into the preferences and tell it the path to autopano-sift-C (/usr/bin/autopano-sift-c) and I think to use enfuse and enblend. The file-chooser for choosing the path for autopano-sift-c freezes it, so type or paste the path.

It uses a LOT of temporary storage (in the same location as where you tell it to save the output file) when stitching. If you get error messages it often means the temporary storage is full.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

OK, I packaged it after all.

N.B. something (enblend/enfuse?) was compiled in Puppy 4.0 and probably won't work in earlier versions...

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

technosaurus

#3 Post by technosaurus »

not as robust but much lighter

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pnmstitch/
requires netpbm

or a simple python GIMP plugin
http://sourceforge.net/projects/stitchpanorama/

disciple

#4 Post by disciple »

Someone asked if I still have a copy of these, so I have put them in my Dropbox:
http://db.tt/2L0V0DT8

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

boxR

#5 Post by boxR »

Thanks disciple.

Hugin seems to be interesting , the main programm is ok, but unfortunately something goes wrong with lucid 5.2.8

Pelo

A passenger of Triton wishes Hugin on his Puppy.

#6 Post by Pelo »

A passenger of Triton wishes Hugin on his Puppy. I try to find it on the forum, successfully. Unfortunately links are dead.
Pet in Dropbox still exist. I will check deeper to morrow.
felixbd, for Triton Mate. Topic forum français.