Opera's fonts are way too small with Xorg682c

Using applications, configuring, problems
Glitchman

Opera's fonts are way too small with Xorg682c

#1 Post by Glitchman »

While Xorg682c gives me better video options, it unfortunately causes all fonts in Opera (including the menus) to be too small, even in 800*600 resolution. I tried MU's suggestion to increase overall font sizes with "Xft.dpi: 108" in ~/.Xdefaults but that only helped some applications like Mozilla and Leafpad. Increasing Opera's fonts to anything above 100% will unfortunately scale images too.

Any suggestions?

Artie

#2 Post by Artie »

Tried Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Fonts -> Minimum font size?

Artie

mayakovski

#3 Post by mayakovski »

Artie wrote:Tried Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Fonts -> Minimum font size?

Artie
Is that in Opera or Puppy?

I also use Xorg682c and I also tried the "Xft.dpi: 108" in ~/.Xdefaults" trick but it did not do anything at all.
Mayakovski
Puppy Linux | Barking Up The Right Tree

Compaq Armada 1580DMT | P150, 49MB RAM - 3.2 GB HD, Puppy 1.0.6
Compaq Deskpro EN | P3-733, 384 MB RAM - 80GB HD, Puppy 1.0.7

Glitchman

No dice

#4 Post by Glitchman »

Artie wrote:Tried Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Fonts -> Minimum font size?

Artie
I tried that, but the fonts in TEXTAREAs and input type boxes, as well as the menus do not ever change. Back when I was using the default Xvesa driver on Puppy 1.03, Opera worked fine. Thus I highly suspect Xorg682c to be the culprit (but I'll never go back to Xvesa, ever.)

Glitchman

No dice

#5 Post by Glitchman »

Oh, and here's a screenshot to help illustrate. Note the size of the text that I tried to type on Google.

Arcflup

#6 Post by Arcflup »

Change the font manually in Opera.

Tools>Preferences>Advanced>Fonts

'Forms text field multi-line' and 'Forms text field single-line' are the ones you want.

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#7 Post by GuestToo »

you can change the fonts and fonts sizes in Opera's Tools, Preferences ... for example, i set Forms, Text Field Single Line to Verdana 16 ... screenshot

Glitchman

Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.

#8 Post by Glitchman »

Cool. Thanks guys. Opera is much more usable now. The only thing I haven't figured out how to fix yet is the "Alt-Minus" menu (well I call it that since that's the shortcut in Windows.) It's the one with Move, Minimize, Decoration, etc. It is still tiny, but I suppose I can live with that since I don't use it too much. Oddly enough the menu that cascades from Decoration matches the size of my other customized menus....

Glitchman

Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.

#9 Post by Glitchman »

Never mind the "Alt-Minus" menu. I fixed that by simply closing Opera and re-opening it.