A toast to Barry, Guestoo, John Murga, PIzzasgood and others

Booting, installing, newbie
puppypilgrim

A toast to Barry, Guestoo, John Murga, PIzzasgood and others

#1 Post by puppypilgrim »

As a new convert to Puppy, I wish to extend my deep, heart-felt thanks to Barry and all the pillars who contribute to Puppy Linux.

I have been following Linux ever since Slackware 3.0 and Red Hat 5.0. Never did find a distro that would supplant the productivity I needed in Windoze - so I left Linux for a while but kept my eye open. More recently, trying newer Linux distros aimed at replacing the Micro$oft desktop did not yield satisfying results. Most recently along with Puppy, I installed and ran SuSe 9.2 Professional (too slow on my 512 RAM Pentium II 300 mghz, 2 x 9 gig SCSI), Ubuntu 5.04 (also slow but very pretty like a Mac actually) and Mepis 3.3.1 (faster than the rest and fairly responsive). By bundling the Out house sink into many distros, those of us not using the latest greatest hardware find the lack of speed and responsiveness unacceptable for everyday use.

The one Linux I kept coming back to was Puppy!!! Puppy is extremely fast, contains all the major software that I need and I like being able to keep my data separate on a USB flash stick (since I can't Puppy off my SCSI drives).

Barry has captured the spirit of Linux and used it's flexibility to make a distro that we can live with and be productive with. I could go on and on about the beauty to being compact and responsive like a Colin Chapman designed Lotus Elan, but nuff said. A toast of respect and appreciation to all the Puppy Handlers out there.

So I've been begging to ask..... "Who let the dogs [Puppies] out? :)