Pmetatagger-2.1 - a gtkdialog audio meta tagger

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
brymway

#81 Post by brymway »

Trying it out I moved flac3mp3 to a directory that had some m4ps in it, opened flac as text, changed the input to m4p and saved. Then clicked the executable and it made a new file of my m4ps with the same files.mp3. I clicked on one of them, gzine opened up, my cd spun and the my computer crashed. Any ideas?

plinej

#82 Post by plinej »

I'm not sure what it could be. All of the mp3s were created in a new directory inside of the current directory right? Do the mp3s appear to be okay in size? Can you play any of the new mp3s from the command line like this:

# ffmpeg -i YOUR-MP3-FILE-HERE.mp3 -f au - | aplay

brymway

#83 Post by brymway »

no aplay doesn't even work on my computer. I type aplay and it just sits there with a blinking cursor

plinej

#84 Post by plinej »

@ brymway,

Check your private messages

ravensrest

#85 Post by ravensrest »

Jason, in attempting to use Pmetatagger 2.0 to tag some ogg files with vorbiscomment, I noted that in the box titles for both 'Enter the composer' and 'Enter the lyricist' the words 'composer' and 'lyricist' were not appearing. Further, neither the words nor their values were being written to the ogg file nor to the temp file you create.

I removed the $ from before the words 'lyricist' and 'composer' in lines:

of your code, and everything works fine now. I believe this problem is present in 1.9 also.

Other than that, thanks for a very useful script.

BS

ravensrest

#86 Post by ravensrest »

OK, I think I have found a second and larger problem. Still using ogg files and Vorbiscomment. All the required Vorbis files and libraries are present, and I am using gtk3.

The Skip and Next buttons seem to do what they are supposed to do. If you hit Skip and answer the ensuing dialog about whether to use old info or not NO, you can skip thru all your files and the correct tags will be shown with one anomaly. The first file that you skip to has a track number shown that is one too high. After that they resume their correct numbers.

But if you select YES, then as you skip thru the files, the previous data appear to be presented if the current file has already been tagged. When you come to an untagged file, the previous data are only presented for the first such file and the file number is correct. After entering the title, you click Next and although the next file is correctly opened, no previous data are present and the track number goes to 1. It looks like this may occur at line 730 where you grep the track number from File2, but set it to zero if there is none (untagged file)? Later you increment it back to 1. Changing line 732 to:

NUMGUI=`expr $NUMBER - 1`

Seems to resolve the problem.

Also, if I choose a tag-dump file, shouldn't the data from that file show up in the dialog boxes of the main gui? They don't for me, just the name of the file, although the info from the tag-dump file is correctly written to the current ogg file.

Tried looking at your code a bit, but this may be beyond my talents. Help?

BS
Last edited by ravensrest on Sun 30 Nov 2008, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

plinej

#87 Post by plinej »

PM the updated script to me and I'll post your fixes as a new version. I really don't have alot of time anymore to work on this stuff.

plinej

#88 Post by plinej »

2.1 is posted and contains ravensrest' fix. When I get a chance I'll look at the other reported problem.

plinej

#89 Post by plinej »

Just incase anyone looks at this thread I wanted to post that this project is dead and I started over with Ptag.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69948