Extraction of Game (Makeself script), help needed

Using applications, configuring, problems
sas_3k

Extraction of Game (Makeself script), help needed

#1 Post by sas_3k »

I'm trying to get a Game going in Puppy (Serious Sam SE), made with the Makeself script used in ports such as Doom, Quake etc. Seems to have plenty of problems when extracting. I changed the MD5 and CRC with a text editor along with the directories but still no go, I tried extracting to an Ext2 fs but the script says Permission denied same for /root and /tmp.
Can someone help get this going?

-- Thanks

Linux Port of game: 8 MB
Last edited by sas_3k on Sat 26 Nov 2005, 19:43, edited 2 times in total.

sunburnt

#2 Post by sunburnt »

I don't know much about this, but maybe wine or cedega would be a better way to play a WIN game on Linux.
I hear Linspire Linux specializes in running Win programs, it might run the Win ver. just as it is, try their forum.
I know the Quake III Arena binary for Linux works pretty good & has a few advantages the Win ver. doesn't
My son plays Serious Sam 2, he likes it alot, I prefer Quake, but I've played it since the original Quake.

#3 Post by Guest »

Do you have the file in Puppy if so look at the permissions by opening the directory where it is using rox then click on the 'Show extra details' icon( the three sideways exclamation marks) and see what permissions it has.

These are indicated by rwx, read, write, execute you may have to change them to allow read access, this is done by right clicking on the file and clicking on Permissions in the popup menu.

sas_3k

#4 Post by sas_3k »

Serious Sam does not work well in wine,I do not want to emulate it when their is a port, which I gave a link to. As for the Dir premissions they are fine, I wouldent be saving anything if all my Mount Folders/ Dir's were Read Only, which they are not. Some more help with this would be great.

--Thanks

#5 Post by Guest »

You stated at the start that you get the message 'Permission denied' so what is that in relation to exactly.