Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 21 Sep 2014, 10:16
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Extraction of Game (Makeself script), help needed
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
sas_3k

PostPosted: Sat 26 Nov 2005, 02:04    Post_subject:  Extraction of Game (Makeself script), help needed  

I'm trying to get a Game going in Puppy (Serious Sam SE), made with the Makeself script used in ports such as Doom, Quake etc. Seems to have plenty of problems when extracting. I changed the MD5 and CRC with a text editor along with the directories but still no go, I tried extracting to an Ext2 fs but the script says Permission denied same for /root and /tmp.
Can someone help get this going?

-- Thanks

Linux Port of game: 8 MB

Edited_times_total
sunburnt

PostPosted: Sat 26 Nov 2005, 13:17    Post_subject:  

I don't know much about this, but maybe wine or cedega would be a better way to play a WIN game on Linux.
I hear Linspire Linux specializes in running Win programs, it might run the Win ver. just as it is, try their forum.
I know the Quake III Arena binary for Linux works pretty good & has a few advantages the Win ver. doesn't
My son plays Serious Sam 2, he likes it alot, I prefer Quake, but I've played it since the original Quake.

PostPosted: Sat 26 Nov 2005, 14:00    Post_subject:  

Do you have the file in Puppy if so look at the permissions by opening the directory where it is using rox then click on the 'Show extra details' icon( the three sideways exclamation marks) and see what permissions it has.

These are indicated by rwx, read, write, execute you may have to change them to allow read access, this is done by right clicking on the file and clicking on Permissions in the popup menu.
sas_3k

PostPosted: Sat 26 Nov 2005, 15:37    Post_subject:  

Serious Sam does not work well in wine,I do not want to emulate it when their is a port, which I gave a link to. As for the Dir premissions they are fine, I wouldent be saving anything if all my Mount Folders/ Dir's were Read Only, which they are not. Some more help with this would be great.

--Thanks

PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov 2005, 18:37    Post_subject:  

You stated at the start that you get the message 'Permission denied' so what is that in relation to exactly.
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum