BJC-80 Prints only black and really slow.

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
peppyy

BJC-80 Prints only black and really slow.

#1 Post by peppyy »

Well I have been playing with it for a couple hours now and only shades of grey. Set the options to color and tried printing from several apps. Installed it as a 4000 as per canon's fix to slow printing and still the same. Printer self test works fine in color.

I see it is listed in working hardware and that is one reason I bought it. even on the draft setting it takes minutes to print one page of text. Any ideas?
Puppy Linux...
It just works!

ujhermans

BJC 80 Printer

#2 Post by ujhermans »

Hallo peppyy
Just like to let you know that you are not the only one who has problems with that type of printer. I am using version 1.0.6 and according to the install wizard my BJC 80 printer should work, but it refuses to do so, not even a woof. I also don't know what to do. Maby a new driver is needed. Hopefully someone will know. Best of luck to you.
Ulrich

peppyy

#3 Post by peppyy »

I didn't know what to do either so I listed it on ebay where I bought it and someone with winows loves it. I was going to try a bjc-85 next, Got a super deal on one for a client with winows, battery and all and he loves it.

I uas my i560 at home and it prints ok with I think the 5100 drivers wxcept really light. Works for what I need at the moment but I really want a true portable that will work correctly with my PupTops for those clients that really need one.
Puppy Linux...
It just works!

edoc

#4 Post by edoc »

peppyy wrote:I didn't know what to do either so I listed it on ebay where I bought it and someone with winows loves it. I was going to try a bjc-85 next, Got a super deal on one for a client with winows, battery and all and he loves it.

I uas my i560 at home and it prints ok with I think the 5100 drivers wxcept really light. Works for what I need at the moment but I really want a true portable that will work correctly with my PupTops for those clients that really need one.
Any success in finding a properly functioning color printer with Puppy?

I really need one bad!

Thanks! doc
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603