My Computer is (nearly) dead

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Alucard_the_dex

#21 Post by Alucard_the_dex »

Sounds like a plan Shall we take it forcible or negotiate?
~Puppy Linux~ Where mans best friend becomes PCs best friend

Ted Dog

#22 Post by Ted Dog »

Alucard_the_dex wrote:Sounds like a plan Shall we take it forcible or negotiate?
I am American what do you think?? Are you French?
:twisted: :twisted:

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#23 Post by Lobster »

Let us declare independence first.
The details will follow :)
What sort of system would you like for Puppotonia (The State of Chaos)?

Hail Puppy! :roll:
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Alucard_the_dex

#24 Post by Alucard_the_dex »

Ted Dog wrote:
Alucard_the_dex wrote:Sounds like a plan Shall we take it forcible or negotiate?
I am American what do you think?? Are you French?
:twisted: :twisted:
I woulda Gone to war ither way lol

Alucard_the_dex

#25 Post by Alucard_the_dex »

Lobster wrote:Let us declare independence first.
The details will follow :)
What sort of system would you like for Puppotonia (The State of Chaos)?

Hail Puppy! :roll:
Lol

Ted peace Dog

War what are you thinking?

#26 Post by Ted peace Dog »

I was going to buy them out, what country sells its top domain label. not .us

dvw86

#27 Post by dvw86 »

aahhaaa wrote:DV-... Good luck with the changes! ps what state are you in now? confusion? :wink:
I moved from Kennewick Washington to Beaverton Oregon (right next to Portland). When things slow down a little I hope to go visit the Open Source Developer labs.

Pizzasgood

#28 Post by Pizzasgood »

Are we going to be self sufficient? Because I don't imagine importing things would be cheap. Maybe we should look at taking a continental place. How about France? That shouldn't be too challenging.... Just kidding :wink:

I've actually thought I would be cool to have a giant airship-type deal the size of a city (as in less dense than air, but not suspended directly below a ballon. Keep them on the sides, beneath, and far above). It could have cargo helicopters (or cargo blimps) deliver supplies every so often. Traveling to the surface would be as easy as hang-gliding or parachuting. Getting back could be by small plane, 'copter, jetpack, hot-air ballon, mini-blimp, or by dropping a cable, grabbing on, and getting realed back in.
The cargo blimp(s) and even smaller transport blimps could give added lift when not in use. Power could be delivered through wind-turbines (also usable for navigation), solar power, and a fusion/fission reactor, depending on what has been developed at that time.

The biggest problems would be keeping the thing floating and keeping it supplied. It would be awesome for touring, though. The thing could navigate the globe, visiting any country it chooses. We would be the first modern mobile nation. By parking over various places, supply's would have lower transport costs. Just load up all at once every so often, then go where the wind blows. We'd also have to implement water-conserving systems that could recycle it. That's because water would be the most needed resource, but it's too heavy to store much in advance. Maybe we could even get something to extract water from clouds. That would be very helpful.
Food would be the next hardest commodity to keep up with, but if it's just-add-water, it would be lighter and last longer, and we could recycle the water afterwards. Even if we can't keep the stuff good enough to drink, we could re-use it for flushing toilets and cooling systems that need it.
Another thing that could keep us airborn would be if we could get a material strong and light enough to utilize vacums rather than helium/hydrogen. As for hydrogen, if I remember right you can dilute it with another gas to keep it innert, but I don't remember if it's still less dense than an equal amount of helium.
Also, partial vacums could be used, with the substance inside being helium/hydrogen.

If man were meant to swim, he would have been given gills. Instead, we were made to fly, and thus given hands, imagination, "intelligence," and ambition.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

Ted Dog

Way to much work/up keep. Pizza

#29 Post by Ted Dog »

1) wireless fishing drones .. like on line fishing. drone would be solar powered. We already have a puppy linux powered mini-sub=our NAVY
2) Seaweed is good if you know how to serve it, same with cocanuts, bananas
3) market the island with corp. branding The name is TuValu Which is close to True Value like the hardware chain, capital city Funafuti (love the name) could be a tropical flavor of gum.
4) Flash and I could bring Mesquite seeds for food/BBQ, grew well in Hawaii who calls it Kiawe http://www.kiawe.com

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#30 Post by Ian »

If we are so brilliant why can't professional tennis players get the ball over the net every time they serve.
:-)

Pizzasgood

#31 Post by Pizzasgood »

For a country which is trying to deny evolution exists,
I believe we didn't evolve, but I believe that evolution could happen, and may even be how the animals were thought up (God ran a life sim in His head to bypass the time spent, or maybe simply had them evolve with time acceleration or even normally and simplified the Bible for us). As in, we haven't really changed since creation, but in 500000000 years, who knows. We won't be around anyway, as if we haven't reached the biblical end of the world by then, we will have killed ourselves anyway, so it won't matter.
Anyways, that's off topic.
If we are so brilliant why can't professional tennis players get the ball over the net every time they serve.
Because everyone knows that tennis is fake. Besides, that's coordination. I never said we were coordinated :wink:

I checked out the cia page and it looked pretty cool. We could hang out there until a giant air-town is feasible. Then I'll set that up, and it could be a city rather than an entire mini-country. As for upkeep, that's what astro-mechs are for. :roll:
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]

theelf

#32 Post by theelf »

McDonalds the great American greaseburger! My horor of childhood was being forced to eat Hasenpfeffer.

Ted Rabbit

Horror oh the Horror

#33 Post by Ted Rabbit »

Was it a pet?

Ted Dog

Pizzas' Avatar

#34 Post by Ted Dog »

Is it me or does Pizzas' character look like he is angerly walking to Texas?
Last edited by Ted Dog on Fri 02 Dec 2005, 03:34, edited 1 time in total.

Pizzasgood

#35 Post by Pizzasgood »

Speaking of burgers, I actually recently compared preffering using Windows rather than Linux to preffering Micky D's "burgers" to Mom's homemade burgers.
They do have good McGridles, though. A little stingy on the bacon, but still good. :P
Is it me or does Pizzas' character look like he is peeing in the ocean?
NO.

I've been thinking about switching, maybe now would be a good time....

EDIT: You corrupted my mental image of my avatar! Now I can't look at it. :(
Last edited by Pizzasgood on Sat 03 Dec 2005, 03:51, edited 1 time in total.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#36 Post by Flash »

Pizza, maybe it's just me, but I find anything moving on the screen to be very distracting. Your new avatar makes it almost impossible for me to concentrate on what you say in the post.

I, too, wondered if your old one wasn't peeing in the ocean, but after I took a careful look I decided it wasn't.

Ted bad Dog

PizzasGoods Avatar

#37 Post by Ted bad Dog »

Sorry, about that. I always thought you where more round, chessy, and half baked :roll:

sunburnt

#38 Post by sunburnt »

My friend here had a HD that would take out the IDE of any MB it was plugged into.
I told him to take a hammer to it so it's life of being a serial MB rapist would be over.
Got a 900 TBird the IDE FIFO is crumbling on, don't care now I've got Puppy LANbooting.
And Ted Dog, don't get me started about the gov., wooo weee!
The guys over at DebianHelp know me & my "love" for the gov. & all things political.
What Barry said was echoed by a Canadian's post, saying he's amazed at the condition the U.S. is in.

aahhaaa

#39 Post by aahhaaa »

We'd need an anthem. Remember that one in the Marx Bros flick about Freedonia?

interesting factoid: one reason that countries are paranoid is Mercator projection maps. Your country is always 'surrounded' by others.

on West Wing one episode, they discussed the perceptual differences caused just by turning our maps upside down.

makes me think of Barry Down Under, and almost Outback too. :D

Pizzasgood

#40 Post by Pizzasgood »

Pizza, maybe it's just me, but I find anything moving on the screen to be very distracting. Your new avatar makes it almost impossible for me to concentrate on what you say in the post.

I, too, wondered if your old one wasn't peeing in the ocean, but after I took a careful look I decided it wasn't.
Sorry. I'll dig out another one then.
And I know it wasn't peeing, because I have the comic I scanned it from. But now I can't look at it without thinking that :cry: