Mozilla Bug - Puppy is innocent (solved)

Please post any bugs you have found
Lobster
Official Crustacean

Mozilla Bug - Puppy is innocent (solved)

#1 Post by Lobster »

The below bug - which Barry could not reproduce and MU attributed to Buggy Mozilla code is no longer present in Puppy Sizzler. It was a strange one. I seemed to be the only one experiencing it and it was most annoying. Anyway Mozilla is working fine now. Good work from them. Incidentally [Lobster goes off topic . . . be warned . . . ] I have been using Mozilla default without downloading the Pinball theme (my favourite) AND I have not been tempted to return to Flock Browser - I look forward to using a more developed version . . . I was using Opera 8.5 in Windows and it spoke - which was pretty neat (an error message) - it also does voice recognition on the Windows version only :(
Incidentally the error message was "You are using Windows" - no not really - it was "can not find this URL" - something like that . . . You probably wondering why I was using Windows? I was using Burncdcc - but I can do this in Puppy now, so . . . Hooray!

I think I will go and rant elsewhere . . . :)
However the other bug in Mozilla which I have noticed (and others do not seem to have) is still there but it is reduced.

This is what happens in Mozilla 1.0.5 alpha r2. If you click and drag (to resize) Mozilla from the bottom right handle, taking care to click right in the corner - no problem. If you do the same thing but in a bit (to duplicate this effect move out from the center down to the corner - when the icon changes, click and drag. If no jumping upwards occurs (the bug) try again moving in a bit further. If you find the wrong spot (which is the right spot to see the error) the top of mozilla will move up (expand) without you having done anything but click.

I seem to be the only one experiencing this - and I have only just noticed it in 1.0.5 alpha r2 (as it is more subtle). In 1.0.4 I did not bother even trying to click and drag from the bottom right resize handle unless by accident . . .
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Solved for real

#2 Post by Lobster »

I have finally managed to trace this bug - and why it was only happening to me . . .
It was gone and then suddenly appeared again . . .

This is the clue
Pinball theme
As soon as I installed this (very nice looking) theme the bug returned - back to classic and it is gone . . .

Now we know :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D