got a usb driver in dos..but how to post??

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
cjayadevan

got a usb driver in dos..but how to post??

#1 Post by cjayadevan »

hello friends there,
i got a usb dos driver, which finds ALL of my usb devices from the floppy drive and it is able to assign the drive letters and find the files on the live cd s too. but i dont know how to boot from there even if the destination point is found. i need some help on this.anyone there to solve this? that is how to boot puppy from dos mode when the live cd is located in the usb cd drive, and the system is able to find the files on it. do i need to add a bootrecord on the cd or watever..
well i am attaching both versions of the image. one is compatible with winzip and the other shall be rawrite. pals, have a look on this and post ur valuble comments and help reports in the forum. :arrow:
oops i cant..the forum doesnt allow me to upload a file more than max of 1 mb..so how can i post that?
advice needed..
jay

pakt

#2 Post by pakt »

Have you tried the WakePup floppy? That will let you boot a Puppy CD from a USB CD-ROM drive.

The link for info and download is here: http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?t=3875

EDIT: I should mention that if you boot Puppy from a USB CD-ROM, Puppy's startup script won't find usr_cram.fs because the script doesn't look for it on /dev/sda1, only on /dev/hdc IIRC.

To get around that problem, you need to copy usr_cram.fs to the hard disk. Then the script will find it.

Perhaps someone can hack the startup script so it will look for usr_cram.fs on /dev/sda1? :)
Last edited by pakt on Sat 03 Dec 2005, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

#3 Post by Guest »

You might find a place to upload your file here.