Sound not working Pup 1.0.2 Moz? 1.0.0 works ok!!

Using applications, configuring, problems
MightyMidget

Sound not working Pup 1.0.2 Moz? 1.0.0 works ok!!

#1 Post by MightyMidget »

Hi,

I've just downloaded and run the latest Puppy 1.0.2 Moz. However for some reason I cannot get any sound output. I have the sound Icon at the bottom right corner, but when I doubleclick it I nothing happens?

Thinking it was just a config problem with my soundcard I tried 1.0.2 on my sons pc, but with exactly the same results.

My MD5 checks out ok, and I've burned 2 cd's to rule that out. What's even stranger is that sound works perfectly on both PC's with the older 1.0.0 firefox version !!

Obviously something has changed between these two versions and it's not agreeing with my PC's.

Any help would be much appreciated

Andy
PS - I'm running directly off the CD in live mode. Cheers And.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Re: Sound not working Pup 1.0.2 Moz? 1.0.0 works ok!!

#2 Post by Lobster »

Hi Andy,

It is the fault of a nut.
In 1.0.2 the decision was made to use the 2.6 kernel instead of the 2.4.
version
1.0.3 of Puppy is out in a few days. Hopefully your sound will return at that time (sound and printing are known problems)
Sorry about the burning of those CD's - looks like you will be doing another soon. If you are desperate to use a new Pup but with the old kernel - try PizzaPup from the wiki
http://www.goosee.com/puppy/wikka/PuppyReleaseCandidate

Hope that helps :)

#3 Post by Guest »

Thanks for your reply lobster.

I'll give 1.0.3 a try when it's released. For the time being I've burned a copy from an older iso (Pup 1.0.1) which is working perfectly :D

All the best for now,

Andy

Lobster
Official Crustacean

The wise man

#4 Post by Lobster »

Here is something I heard from a wise man (or was it a TV ad):
"If you wait long enough Grasshopper, patience will come" Reminds me of an occult book on becoming invisible - that suggested spending long times in a closet.

Yes . . . 1.0.3 . . . is with us soon

8) The nut was of course the 2.6 kernel. I am quite happily using that system, proving that Puppy is ready for Linux futures.

Barry is working towards making a choice of kernels available via the unleashed packages which are being integrated into Pupget.

Pupget is a great way to enhance your Puppy.

May the Force (of Puppy) be with you

#5 Post by Guest »

Just got Pup 1.0.3 and everything is cool!!

Seem's like you guy's fixed it.

Many thanks

Andy