Can I downgrade Puppy?

Using applications, configuring, problems
nduanetesh
Ultra Super-stud

Can I downgrade Puppy?

#1 Post by nduanetesh »

Hey all,

I'm wondering what might be the consequences of downgrading puppy from 1.0.2 to 1.0.1 (or any other number set for that matter). What I mean is, if I've run 1.0.2 on my current computer (let's assume live-cd), and it has modified the pup001 file, am I going to run into problems if I'd like to go back to 1.0.1 for experimentation purposes (on the same pup001 file)? Would the answer be different if I were only moving between versions with the same kernel (say from 1.0.3 to 1.0.1)? Anybody have any ideas?

I know I could just try it and find out...but I'd rather not hose my pup file if I don't have to.

ND

babbs

#2 Post by babbs »

Not knowing a real answer for you, I'd recommend you create an archive or backup copy of your pup001 file that way you can try without worry of loosing your data/settings.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#3 Post by BarryK »

The solution is to upgrade to 1.0.3, as that is basically the same as 1.0.1 so is the same as a downgrade :?

The upgrade script will do some basic upgrading if it sees the new CD has a later version number, not an earlier version number.