Multisession: list of bugs

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
javuchi

Multisession: list of bugs

#1 Post by javuchi »

Ok, so I've been fully testing multissesion DVD, and found a lot of bugs. I'd like to help resolving it, and have a lot of suggestions. Even I have made a script for having /opt into the DVD (not in ram), so the user can access extra applications which are too much big for including them into ram.

These are the bugs:

- It is imposible to save sessions with more than 2000 files (more or less). This bug is located in this line in savession-dvd, but it is the same in the file for booting off:

Code: Select all

LISTFINAL="`echo "$FILELISTA" | grep -vi "/tmp" | grep -v "00files\\.backup" | grep -vi "\\.bak" | grep -vi "cache" | grep -vi "trash" | grep -v "\\.thumbnails" | grep -v "\\.printjobs"`"
The problem is that $FILELISTA grows up too much and doesn't fit into the argument list of "echo".

- Also in this line, files containing "cache" might not really be cache, as happens with linecache.py for Python (which is a fundamental file, and without it a lot of Python code do not work).

- Some directories do not delete between sessions, even if you deleted them by yourself. Some others do, which is quite irritating.

- savession-dvd inserts a lot of symbolic links of already deleted files within the same session. They disappear when rebooting, but they are very irritating and absolutly not convenient.

I REALLY suggest improving multisession way of storing files... it is nice to be able to access files already written if they are personal documents, images, music, etc, BUT NOT SYSTEM FILES themselves. It would be nice to have this nice system for "my-documents" and new folders created under "/root", but NOT the one which are considered system, for example "./usr" and "my-applications", in which a tradicional replace-session might be just better (for example, storing them under /system in the DVD, but letting system to replace them as required, not storing them in other directories). Also, this might really improve booting up speed, because the system do not need to traverse throught so much files.

Thanks Burry for this incredible OS and hope I can help. :)