Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 23 Apr 2014, 11:24
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Network
Mtr Traceroute
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
Author Message
aragon

Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 1696
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Wed 11 Feb 2009, 05:55    Post subject:  Mtr Traceroute
Subject description: The functionality of 'traceroute' and 'ping' in a single diagnostic tool
 

Home: http://www.bitwizard.nl/mtr/
Version: 0.75 + 0.77

Quote:
mtr combines the functionality of the 'traceroute' and 'ping' programs in a single network diagnostic tool.

As mtr starts, it investigates the network connection between the host mtr runs on and a user-specified destination host. After it determines the address of each network hop between the machines, it sends a sequence ICMP ECHO requests to each one to determine the quality of the link to each machine. As it does this, it prints running statistics about each machine.


Overwrites buildin version.

Compiled and tested in 4.31 (0.7.7). Better don't install 0.7.7 in Puppies < 4.3 as there might be problems with gtk-version.

aragon
mtr-0.77.pet
Description 
pet

 Download 
Filename  mtr-0.77.pet 
Filesize  45.71 KB 
Downloaded  420 Time(s) 
mtr-0.75.pet
Description 
pet

 Download 
Filename  mtr-0.75.pet 
Filesize  31.2 KB 
Downloaded  482 Time(s) 

_________________
PUPPY SEARCH: http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html

Last edited by aragon on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 15:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Gorilla no baka


Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 234
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon 02 Mar 2009, 20:34    Post subject: Re: Mtr Traceroute  

aragon wrote:
Home: http://www.bitwizard.nl/mtr/
Version: 0.75

Quote:
mtr combines the functionality of the 'traceroute' and 'ping' programs in a single network diagnostic tool.

As mtr starts, it investigates the network connection between the host mtr runs on and a user-specified destination host. After it determines the address of each network hop between the machines, it sends a sequence ICMP ECHO requests to each one to determine the quality of the link to each machine. As it does this, it prints running statistics about each machine.


Overwrites buildin version.

aragon




Wow.... would this one work on Puppy215CE??


What about a Whois???



Cheers

_________________


I'M IN MY OWN WORLD.
IT'S OK, THEY KNOW ME HERE..!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
DMcCunney

Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 894

PostPosted: Mon 02 Mar 2009, 21:20    Post subject: Re: Mtr Traceroute  

[quote="Gorilla no baka"]
aragon wrote:
Home: http://www.bitwizard.nl/mtr/
Version: 0.75

Quote:
mtr combines the functionality of the 'traceroute' and 'ping' programs in a single network diagnostic tool.

<...>

Overwrites buildin version.

aragon

Wow.... would this one work on Puppy215CE??

Probably. Install it and see.

Mtr exists in Puppy 4.12 on v0.72 Aragon has provided a more recent build.

Quote:
What about a Whois???

Have you looked?

Whois is in Puppy 4.12, as well, in version 4.7.26.

Open an rxvt window in puppy and type "which <command>" to see if <command> exists in your version of Puppy.
______
Dennis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Gorilla no baka


Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 234
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon 02 Mar 2009, 23:35    Post subject:  

well trace route works with my version....

Like a charm...

About whois the command does not exist on my system...

Where can i download it from??

cheers...

_________________


I'M IN MY OWN WORLD.
IT'S OK, THEY KNOW ME HERE..!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
DMcCunney

Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 894

PostPosted: Tue 03 Mar 2009, 23:58    Post subject:  

Gorilla no baka wrote:
About whois the command does not exist on my system...

Where can i download it from??

Have you looked? A Forum search for whois yields this as the seventh hit::
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?search_id=292054706&t=32794
______
Dennis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Gorilla no baka


Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 234
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu 12 Mar 2009, 14:57    Post subject:  

DMcCunney wrote:
Gorilla no baka wrote:
About whois the command does not exist on my system...

Where can i download it from??

Have you looked? A Forum search for whois yields this as the seventh hit::
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?search_id=292054706&t=32794
______
Dennis


could not see for lookin`..

Cheers mate...


You`re a legend!

_________________


I'M IN MY OWN WORLD.
IT'S OK, THEY KNOW ME HERE..!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
aragon

Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 1696
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jun 2010, 15:14    Post subject:  

new version (0.77) see main post.

aragon

_________________
PUPPY SEARCH: http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Gorilla no baka


Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 234
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jun 2010, 23:34    Post subject:  

CHeers ..

Thanks buddy!

_________________


I'M IN MY OWN WORLD.
IT'S OK, THEY KNOW ME HERE..!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Network
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0698s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0190s) ][ GZIP on ]