Powered by Puppy Linux: sticker

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
steve_s

Re: Liscense Resize

#21 Post by steve_s »

planegoofy wrote:Thanks Steve,
I will work on resizing it then at some point soon. I still need to get the sticker paper so its not a priority. I was hoping you still had the original because it looks rather "Authehtic Windows"!!! I will post my versionwhen I get it done later on. Thanks for the reply Micko and Steve.

Jeff
Hey, Jeff: I've never done an svg, but I did what micko suggested...tell me what you think/if I got it right. 8) I resized the png, sharpened and contrasted it to what I liked, opened it in inkscapelite and saved to an svg then zipped it 'cause the forum doesn't do svg's.
Attachments
puppy-prodkey.zip
(712 Bytes) Downloaded 1056 times

01micko

#22 Post by 01micko »

Hereś one for you all!

Credit to forum member rastapax, it is his design

Cheers

Mick
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

steve_s

#23 Post by steve_s »

01micko wrote:Hereś one for you all!

Credit to forum member rastapax, it is his design...

Cheers

Mick
Thanks, Mick! Love that! ...and of course, thanks to rastapax... 8)

planegoofy

#24 Post by planegoofy »

Steves, Micko

I tried the svg file that you posted but it couldn't find the image file that you imported to inkscape. So.... I did it the hard way. I recreated the sticker from scratch in inkscape. I had to find a different background but it is close. I exported it to png since it has an attached bitmap that may disapear if i post the svg file. Is there any way to embed the image in the svg file?

Well let me know what you think.

Jeff

Patriot

#25 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm ...

@steve_s
I'm mighty impressed with your PID looking sticker. That gives me an idea on how to make puppy CD sets I'm making for people around here looks "authentic" ... ;-)

I have a small request though. Will it be possible for you to make one without all the black text in the middle and the left side ? This allows me to print personalized texts with different fonts for each hardware. You know, short hardware specs so its easier to know whats inside. Another thing, a light-grey watermark puppy logo in the center will be great too ...

Well, just a thought ...

Rgds

01micko

Re: Liscense Resize

#26 Post by 01micko »

steve_s wrote:
planegoofy wrote:Thanks Steve,
I will work on resizing it then at some point soon. I still need to get the sticker paper so its not a priority. I was hoping you still had the original because it looks rather "Authehtic Windows"!!! I will post my versionwhen I get it done later on. Thanks for the reply Micko and Steve.

Jeff
Hey, Jeff: I've never done an svg, but I did what micko suggested...tell me what you think/if I got it right. 8) I resized the png, sharpened and contrasted it to what I liked, opened it in inkscapelite and saved to an svg then zipped it 'cause the forum doesn't do svg's.
Steve.. your prodkey svg is broken :( . First of all import the original into inklite, then resize in there, then save as plain svg, not compressed. 8)

Cheers
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

ecomoney

#27 Post by ecomoney »

Supurb!!!

Isnt there some websites where you can get these commercially printed? I want some for the computers we sell/
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!

steve_s

#28 Post by steve_s »

ecomoney: you could probably go to Kinko's or some copy place like that (I only know what we have around here) and they could hook you up; hadn't thought of that.

micko: that is exactly what I did. Oh, well.

planegoofy/Jeff: well done! I'm not redoing my svg since your's came out so well! Looks good to me!

Patriot: that is a tall order..man, I would have saved it in layers if I had known it would be so popular...I will see what I can do, but it would take opening up that one and just cleaning off the middle stuff. Give me a little while and I'll see what I can come up with...

steve_s

#29 Post by steve_s »

Per Patriot's request, here is the product key sticker without the central text...

Patriot: give me more specifics of what you are after with the watermark, or you can now do it yourself. Gimp, open the image, add a new layer, put whatever you want on that layer, make it more or less opaque, etc.

Hopefully that will help others if they were looking for one to be able to customize their own text... 8)
Attachments
puppy-product-key-textfree.png
(47.68 KiB) Downloaded 1765 times

planegoofy

#30 Post by planegoofy »

Patriot,

I just found on inkscapes website how to embed images and how to make them relative, so I will package up the svg file both with the keyboard image embedded and as a reference file. This should give a good template to work from. After you edit the file in inkscape, you can then export as a bitmap which will export the image to a png file.

Till later, enjoy.

Jeff

Patriot

#31 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm ...

@steve_s
My goodness ... that's really quick !

What you've done is already perfect. A big huge thank you, steve !
I'll just add the same puppy logo (the one at the lower right corner) as a light-grey watermark later. I was mighty impressed and still is ...

@planegoofy
I'll accept anything you can offer. This PID look sticker is now a-must-have for me and it's sure going to make people around here take notice.

Rgds

steve_s

#32 Post by steve_s »

planegoofy wrote:Patriot,

I just found on inkscapes website how to embed images and how to make them relative, so I will package up the svg file both with the keyboard image embedded and as a reference file. This should give a good template to work from. After you edit the file in inkscape, you can then export as a bitmap which will export the image to a png file.

Till later, enjoy.

Jeff
Pretty please, could you give more details/explain that out further? I am always looking for easier, more efficient ways of editing pictures out...

thanks, Jeff.

planegoofy

#33 Post by planegoofy »

SteveS,

When I get home from the office later tonight, I will post the svg files and a description of how I embedded the image. (I also want to make sure it works.)

Patriot,

I traced the puppy logo in inkscape and it should be easy to copy and add as a ghosted image to the sticker when I post the files.

Jeff

steve_s

#34 Post by steve_s »

Patriot wrote:Hmmm ...

@steve_s
My goodness ... that's really quick !

What you've done is already perfect. A big huge thank you, steve !
I'll just add the same puppy logo (the one at the lower right corner) as a light-grey watermark later. I was mighty impressed and still is ...

Rgds
Thanks! yeah, I was actually surprised as well. Just using gimp, click "o" to pick the color around it, then "a" to switch to airbrush, then back and fourth, picking and switching..came out pretty well.

Also, for those puppy logos, I recomend checking the thread we got started called Puppy Wallpapers as I mention in that thread a couple other links with some of those logos of various colors there...just have to go through the thread. 8)

planegoofy

#35 Post by planegoofy »

SteveS, Patriot et al.,

Here are the svg files of the product key sticker I made based on steveS version. One has the keyboard image embedded and the other has the reference in the xml file changed from absolute to relative.

To embed the image, I opened the original file and just selected Effects -> Images -> Embed All Images and selected apply when the dialog box came up, then saved it. Appears to work fine on my computer so far.

To make the reference to the image relative was a little more work. First open the svg file in a text editor. It is just a plain text xml file (I used wscite on WinXP :cry: ) Then search for the name of the image you want to be relative. It should show up in a line similar to this:

Code: Select all

<image
         xlink:href="Desktop\keyboard.jpg"
         sodipodi:absref="J:\Documents and Settings\Home\Desktop\keyboard.jpg"
Next remove the full path and replace it with ./ for both references:

Code: Select all

<image
         xlink:href="./keyboard.jpg"
         sodipodi:absref="./keyboard.jpg"
and thats it. Save the file and make sure the image is located in the same directory as the svg file and it should be found no matter where you put both files as long as they stay together :P

Now for then test, Can you figure out which file has the embedded image in it? :wink:

Let me know if they work and if you have any other questions.

Jeff

ecomoney

#36 Post by ecomoney »

If someone more connected with the puppy project would arrange to get these printed and merchandised via this page then Im sure they would go a long way to paying for a forum host without resorting to flash ads for doggie biccies!

I mean, come on....you can even buy a puppy linux g-string..why not a case badge?
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!

MagicZaurus

#37 Post by MagicZaurus »

Just out of interest I checked with a local shop here about the price for making stickers. If printing 1000 pcs at roughly the size of a business card, then the cost is about 260$.

historymaker118

#38 Post by historymaker118 »

Check out this website! :lol:
You could get your puppy stickers and case badges made here!

http://case-badges.com/computer-case-badges-c-65.html
Rebecca Brannum
[img]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/48e7703760.jpg[/img]
"Embrace the Inner Geek" 8)

dejan555

#39 Post by dejan555 »

Do we have topic for puppy banners? 8)
Attachments
puppybanner.gif
(29.96 KiB) Downloaded 1950 times
Last edited by dejan555 on Wed 17 Jun 2009, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
puppy.b0x.me stuff mirrored [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Mb589v0iCXNnhSZWRwd3R2UWs]HERE[/url] or [url=http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_puppy.b0x.me_mirror]HERE[/url]

steve_s

#40 Post by steve_s »

dejan555 wrote:Do we have topic for puppy banners? 8)
Nice! I like that! 8)