PET MAKER - 2.3 - Oct 2014

Miscellaneous tools
trio

PET MAKER - 2.3 - Oct 2014

#1 Post by trio »

Hi,

I think this will suit Pet & SFS Making Beginners, not for advanced ones
MAKE YOUR OWN PET & SFS PACKAGE DIRECTLY FROM YOUR FILES
Pet packages are not only for apps but also can be used for files you want to share with others.

For example:

in directory /root/.jwm/themes/ you have your own jwm themes made up and you want to share as pet, so others can use it easily, then you do:

1. Type in pet name, for example my_jwm_themes and click create directory button. Leave the typed in name there (don't delete). It will be needed for the rest of the process

2. Choose a file and click add file button to add files one by one, or you can choose a directory and click add directory button to add whole directory to the pet package

3. Click create pet button, and follow/answer few simple questions/instructions. And that's it! you'll have your newly created dotpet in tha /root/my-documents directory

4. Optional buttons:
- Remove the whole directory that you created, you may want this after pet is created or maybe just to start over
- Show created directory button, will direct you to /root/my-documents directory which is where your new directory is located, you may want to watch what's going on with the directory or for you to manually edit/remove/add things in the directory

Dependency: rxvt

Warning - No warranty whatsoever

To convert pet(s) to sfs, use pets2sfsgui

Oct 2014 - v 2.3 - tested in Slacko 5.7, -Modified Oct 2011 - scsijon, ADDING $PETBASE -Modified Oct 2014 - Trio, add more security when no $PETNAME or $FSFNAME is specified
v 2.1 -Only for LUPU 520/wary (or any puppy using urxvt with -embed option) - Window unresizable and rxvt embedded

New v 2.0 - tested in lupu 520/general puppies, left out sfs2pet and sfs install
New v 1.7-3-430 - Designed to fit upcoming 430, was pet up also in 430. No menu entry maker, dir2pet will adhere to 430, and 430 already has menu entry maker (for a menu entry in dir2sfs func, just make a menu entry and add the file to the "to be sfs" folder)

Updated to v 1.7-3 - Hardcoded the DIR, can't pipe corectly
Updated to v 1.7-2 - change drop down menu entry item, each for 1 menu entry on puppy
Updated to v 1.7-1 - small bugfix - www button not working
Updated to v 1.7 - Plus a simple menu entry maker
Updated to v 1.6 - Cosmetic upgrade, recognize menu entry if any (sfs installer)
Updated to v 1.5 - sfs2pet function replaced by integrated SFS Installer (install sfs as pet - can uninstall via petget package manager (won't work properly with the new Upup)- and won't work with non linux partition (ex: usb install) http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=44765
Updated to v 1.4 - I changed target directory sfs2pet from /mnt/home to /mnt (seems many problems when in /mnt/home, dunno why)
Updated to v 1.3 - Even Faster! (found new way), bugfix (pet2sfs hangs, I really got it this time, stupid mistake)
Updated to v 1.1 - Faster, safer :lol:
Updated to v 1.0 - Hopefully it's final, a little modified change directory (cd -L)
Updated to v 09.7 - Yet another bugfix, sfs to pet process hangs, weird!!!
Updated to v 09.6 - Yet another bugfix, sfs to pet process hangs
Updated to v 09.5 - Yet another bugfix, sfs to pet process hangs
Updated to v 09.3 - Major Bug fix (process hangs), bugfix (recognize correct directory name converted from pet/sfs)
Updated to v 09.1 - Major Bug, temporary deleted
Updated to v 09 - Added - Convert sfs to pet function, Bugfix (check valid sfs/pet filename)
Updated to V 08 - Added - Convert pet to sfs function
Updated to V 07 - Added - SFS making function, Pet making direct (not interactive)
Updated to V 06 - Can add whole directory at once
Updated to V 05 - Now with warnings (see picture)
Updated to V 04 - Now verbose & interactive when creating pet
Updated to V 03 - bugfix - dir2pet function

Test & Inputs are welcome

Thank you

Ps: the picture below explains what it does
Attachments
Pet_Maker-2.3.pet
Oct 2014 - General puppies
(2.27 KiB) Downloaded 1963 times
Pet_Maker-2.0.pet
Feb 2011 - For general puppies
(2.15 KiB) Downloaded 2855 times
Pet_Maker-2.0.jpg
(14.64 KiB) Downloaded 15950 times
Pet_Maker-2.1.pet
Feb 2011 - only for LUPU 520
(2.18 KiB) Downloaded 2597 times
Pet_Maker-1.7-3-430.pet
Only for 430 series
(3.39 KiB) Downloaded 3594 times
Pet_Maker-1.7-3.pet
For Older Puppies?
(3.86 KiB) Downloaded 4734 times
Pet_Maker-1.5-NOP.pet
NEW - Pet Maker v 1.2 only for PUPPY NOP (XFCE)
(2.79 KiB) Downloaded 2536 times
Last edited by trio on Mon 20 Oct 2014, 04:07, edited 81 times in total.

aarf

#2 Post by aarf »

you trying to put Hugh Hefner out of business?

01micko

#3 Post by 01micko »

@aarf

:lol: but I see no reference to Penthouse...

@trio

Now I know! :lol:
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

trio

#4 Post by trio »

01micko wrote: @trio

Now I know! :lol:
Yup, Bro..you got me...just a little project while pwidgets is "an a break".. :lol:

trio

#5 Post by trio »

so lonely in here :lol:

kinjeng

#6 Post by kinjeng »

at least i meet somebody from my country, nice to know it.
salam kenal bro

trio

#7 Post by trio »

Salam bro Kinjeng!
Last edited by trio on Mon 28 Feb 2011, 04:19, edited 1 time in total.

kinjeng

#8 Post by kinjeng »

Benar bro trio,

Bagaimana kalau kita buat komunitas untuk Puppy Linux Indonesia
bersama rekan-2 yg lain?

trio

#9 Post by trio »

Kinjeng

Bro, aku gak bisa terikat lg dgn sesuatu, kerja dan keluarga sdh cukup mengikat. Gimana kalau bro start aja dgn bikin thread di users for the regular, dgn bahasa indonesia, dan lempar ide komunitas di situ? Aku sulit berkomitmen lg soalnya

elraven

pet maker- V06

#10 Post by elraven »

Thanks Trio :D You must be a mind reader. I been thinking , " Wow , wouldn't it be great if there was an easy way to make pets" , and your program pops up. Woo hoo , cool beans ! Sorry about that ,i'm excited about this. I even made my very first pet with it already. Now if i can figure out how to share my pets ... ahem , any way thanks again trio .
elraven 8)
meanwhile to celebrating ... woo hoo !

trio

#11 Post by trio »

elraven

you are welcome! :lol:

Good to know that :lol:

kinjeng

#12 Post by kinjeng »

trio wrote:Kinjeng

Bro, aku gak bisa terikat lg dgn sesuatu, kerja dan keluarga sdh cukup mengikat. Gimana kalau bro start aja dgn bikin thread di users for the regular, dgn bahasa indonesia, dan lempar ide komunitas di situ? Aku sulit berkomitmen lg soalnya
Wah sayang ya, saya juga sempit sekali waktunya buat jadi nara sumber, padahal banyak rekan-2 kita yg membutuhkan, anyway jika nanti kita buat forum puppy indonesia anda bersedia sebagai salah satu moderator ya?

thx

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#13 Post by Lobster »

Is the code that technosaurus has provided any use to further enhance your program.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 764#299764

There is also a developers IDE which is being built maybe both sets of code can be utilised?

Anyway from the response, this is very welcome and useful :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

trio

#14 Post by trio »

@Kinjeng

Ok, let's see what I can do to help..just let me know when you make the forum, ok?

@lobster

Thanks for your comment, you see my Pet Maker has been downloaded almost 200 times, but only one person gave comment, dunno why...just glad it works ok...as for what tecnosaurus is doing...the dump2pet is more a "well trained" puppians thing, not for beginners IMHO. note: my pet maker is not only to pack apps, but also can be used to pack files and share them in pet form. Different approach. And what Gposil is doing is great, but I don't think this simple and humble pet maker should intervere with his work... :lol:

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#15 Post by Lobster »

Different approach
Understood. I would probably use your program to create a .pet - so hope you get more feedback :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

gposil

Why re-invent the wheel

#16 Post by gposil »

What Trio has done was going to be a tool in the Developers IDE ...if Trio doesn't mind I will include a subset of his project. as Tool menu choice :)
[img]http://gposil.netne.net/images/tlp80.gif[/img] [url=http://www.dpup.org][b]Dpup Home[/b][/url]

trio

Re: Why re-invent the wheel

#17 Post by trio »

gposil wrote:What Trio has done was going to be a tool in the Developers IDE .. if Trio doesn't mind I will include a subset of his project. as Tool menu choice :)
Well, off course I won't mind, please continue.. :lol:

01micko

#18 Post by 01micko »

Hello bro

Just a request, if possible. Can you build in an option to add the whole folder at once? I petted up a theme for Pmusic but it had about 30 files! Too slow!

Nice job though 8)

Cheers
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

trio

#19 Post by trio »

Bro

Already has that functiom. Install latest version, v 06, from main page

Cheers

01micko

#20 Post by 01micko »

trio wrote:Bro

Already has that functiom. Install latest version, v 06, from main page