How I installed SLAX on an iPod nano

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
kethd

How I installed SLAX on an iPod nano

#1 Post by kethd »

http://slax.linux-live.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6840

This is a howto on installing SLAX on an iPod nano. It may seem long, but I tried not to gloss over or leave out any details...

#2 Post by Guest »

Sounds really cool But may i ask if there is a Useable reason for doing this except to show off>?

BarryK
Puppy Master

#3 Post by BarryK »

Thanks for the info.
I've been wanting to do that with Puppy, but don't have an ipod!
...prices keep dropping though, especially the ipod clones.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#4 Post by Lobster »

I want one - I want one . . .
:oops:

Would this be the rumoured Puppy 2 project?
How easy would it be to have Puppy running on another architecture - a cell processer (STI) - a phone - a washing machine . . .? Now that Apple are moving to Intel the transition to Puppy on Mac might be possible without an emulator . . .
Last edited by Lobster on Wed 28 Dec 2005, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

kethd

Creative MuVo N200

#5 Post by kethd »

I actually have a 1GB Creative MuVo N200. Fantastic toy, I highly recommend (except for it not being Open Sourced and not having ogg etc). I do use it to move Puppy files around. I'd love to put bootable Puppy on it Someday -- but I would have to be Very Sure I knew what I was doing -- I am not ready to take any risks. (Uses one AAA NiMH battery, gets 5-10 hours per charge.)

(Why anyone buys any Apple iPods is beyond me. Stupid sheep, grumble rant... Please do not buy ANY product that requires special batteries, that has to be sent back to the maker for simple maintenance. Think before you buy, consumers! Do not vote with your dollars for wasteful built-in obsolesence!)

babbs

#6 Post by babbs »

This has me dieing to ask a question, but I'll start a thread in the Cutting Edge section...

Alucard_the_dex

Re: Creative MuVo N200

#7 Post by Alucard_the_dex »

kethd wrote:(Why anyone buys any Apple iPods is beyond me. Stupid sheep, grumble rant... Please do not buy ANY product that requires special batteries, that has to be sent back to the maker for simple maintenance. Think before you buy, consumers! Do not vote with your dollars for wasteful built-in obsolesence!)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow Somone who finnaly agrees with me! ^_^ I hate The Ipod and much prefer the Creative Zen Altho i havent got one nore have i used one so i still do not know if its any good as i think it is. Whats your thoughts on the Zen?
~Puppy Linux~ Where mans best friend becomes PCs best friend

kethd

#8 Post by kethd »

As far as I know, the Creative Zen Nano is very similar to the MuVo N200 I know and love -- I think it has all the functionality (FM radio, mic, audio in). I am sorry that the N200 uses a smaller connector on the audio in -- one more special cable you seldom use and are likely to lose. And the 5-pin mini-B USB connector is an issue. Again, a big special cable -- they should give you a key-adapter version standard. And if that connector ever goes bad on the N200, you will lose most of the functionality, be mostly stuck with playing whatever files you have already loaded...

Mostly the Zen 512KB seems promoted. That is probably enough for music, but if you are using it like me to carry around your computer files, it is worth getting the 1GB -- or you won't have any space left for music!

Alucard_the_dex

#9 Post by Alucard_the_dex »

Right now i have a Curtis 512MB Mp3 player. Its a amazingly handy little thing, It needs no wires and no installation on windows or puppy. It works like a Pen drive pop it in drag the folders over and there ya go so nifty.
~Puppy Linux~ Where mans best friend becomes PCs best friend