Who's in charge?

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
ecomoney

#121 Post by ecomoney »

Thank you for the confirmation Computer Bob, I thought I was being paranoid for a moment!

Ok, Im an open source "evangelist". I talk about my work on here quite a a bit, others dont...they just PM me. Open source evangelists dont have massive forum post counts....they cant....theyre out all day actually using Puppy with real people, not compiling code. Many of them do more than me, they just dont shout about it.

But to be of more use in the community we need Developers to develop what we see the people need, and thats a full time job too.

And then there is the retired people, who have the time to program for a "hobby". Should we deny them a hobby just because we know that if they made puppy a certain way, it would benefit more people? Its their hobby to customize to suit themselves, why would they? Little wonder they object to my suggestions/"bug"fixes.

I think were forgetting who started this thread and posed the question? Nathan F. Ive been around here long enough to have used Grafpup Linux before. (Heres a Grafpup review getting a perfect 10/10 at linux.com). He's obviously had to give up work on it, because his work has not been ECONOMICALLY SUPPORTED.

Theres actually quite a few talented Devs on here in dire financial circumstances. Whats more, because of their circumstances they can also see the need.

The best way our "evangelists" can support puppy, is to support its most talented Developers, both with the means to continue their work, and the information they need to make puppy popular. Example Here.

Now that would positively reroute puppy's present perilous path towards a hobbyists distro.

If we dont want a hobbyist distro, we should be thinking of ways we can get people like Nathan F a way to make a living out of Puppy. Hes exactly the sort of person we should be helping, and in doing so helping a lot many more non-developers in the process.
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!

Pizzasgood

#122 Post by Pizzasgood »

Just popping in to give a collective thank you. Between studying, finals, packing, and moving out, I haven't checked on the forum since Tuesday. I was a bit worried about what I'd find tonight.

I haven't read some of the other threads yet and it's getting pretty late, so I'll have to finish later. But I'm glad to see that we've mostly settled down now, other than the stragglers who didn't get their say in earlier...

Re: Puppy 5 and councils: sounds interesting. I'll have to read more tomorrow so I know what's going on, but it sounds like WhoDo has the right idea.

G'night.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

cthisbear

#123 Post by cthisbear »

"i am at #41 and have never posted a single thing of consequence "
Yeah! but your looks are better than mine.

" I was a bit worried about what I'd find tonight."
Spoilsport...I was just about to post.

" This kind of beauty contest is quite despicable."
No arguments there.
And I also want to up my ranking. That is a W.

Chris.

Billwho?
Trialing 4.20

#124 Post by Billwho? »

I myself am currently at #97. After doing a quick-ish search I found that we have 4974 members spread over 265 pages who have yet to make their first post. That's a lot of members in the silent ranks. I hope we haven't scared them all away.
Linux = Learning through doing :shock: :? :D
The learning curve may be steep but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
You just have to pass the occasional oncoming train to get there.

Sage

#125 Post by Sage »

I myself am currently at #97.
Always No.1 in my book, Bill.

Billwho?
Trialing 4.20

#126 Post by Billwho? »

@sage why rate me so high. Should I not be #2 at best to your personal #1? :)
Actually I'm surprised that I am so high with less that 450 posts.
Linux = Learning through doing :shock: :? :D
The learning curve may be steep but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
You just have to pass the occasional oncoming train to get there.

alienjeff

Who's on second

#127 Post by alienjeff »

After months being away from Puppy and this cesspool, it's amazing to see the same silly pissing matches taking place.
[size=84][i]hangout:[/i] ##b0rked on irc.freenode.net
[i]diversion:[/i] [url]http://alienjeff.net[/url] - visit The Fringe
[i]quote:[/i] "The foundation of authority is based upon the consent of the people." - Thomas Hooker[/size]

ttuuxxx

Re: Who's on second

#128 Post by ttuuxxx »

alienjeff wrote:After months being away from Puppy and this cesspool, it's amazing to see the same silly pissing matches taking place.
Back so soon????, awwwww, actually I did miss reading your very insightful comments :), lol.
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

hillside

#129 Post by hillside »

After months being away from Puppy
Expletive!!! With all the infighting, someone left the door unlocked and look who got in!

ecomoney

#130 Post by ecomoney »

When the pickpocket met the saint...all he saw was pockets ;-)

Good to have you back AJ, Ive missed your inimitable style, and your willingness to raise issues that others dare not :-)
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!

bugman

Re: Who's on second

#131 Post by bugman »

alienjeff wrote:After months being away from Puppy and this cesspool, it's amazing to see the same silly pissing matches taking place.
first klhrevolutionist, now this

where's shroomy bee?

:P

01micko

#132 Post by 01micko »

Maybe AJ should be in charge, and shroomy_bee can be his cheif advisor.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

Aitch

#133 Post by Aitch »

Hi AJ

Nice of you to drop in and inspire some lunatic comments :wink: :lol:

Knew you couldn't stay away from here for long, lunacy must attract you....

or visa versa

Aitch :)
Attachments
praisebow.gif
A little AJ joke
(1.13 KiB) Downloaded 1669 times

WB2009

The state of things

#134 Post by WB2009 »

I'm happy with my modified (pets added, wine, new wallpaper) 4.1.2.

Looking forward to seeing what is possible for Puppy. It is unique and wonderful to use.

Perhaps Barry can step in - on a very temporary basis of course?

Unified in our support of Open Source!! :D

01micko

#135 Post by 01micko »

Who said this isn't fun? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

Bob Dog

#136 Post by Bob Dog »

In responding to the comment of all the watchers I will post.
Gentlemen and bloggers.
Many PC users I know have been helped immeasurably by having Puppy available. Most of them are not mean nor rich but in today's world the communication by PC is a growing expectation..
The relative simplicity of Puppy.has helped a lot of lives to include internet enrichment of their participation.
Barry has a place of benefactor as have many others who have supported the project in multifarious ways.

A friend some 50 years ago gave me a hand with a difficult problem. As I offered repayment that was rejected, simple advise was given. Go and help someone else who need it and in that way we all help each other.

Sharp criticism and demands are best ignored and deserve no more than that.
There are many great people on this forum who are well respected.

My thanks to them in rising to the challenge of Puppy development. :D