HPLIP and HP Photosmart D7260

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
rebbi1

HPLIP and HP Photosmart D7260

#1 Post by rebbi1 »

Hi,

After searching in the forums and a lot of mucking around, I actually have my HP Photosmart D7260 printer working via either a direct USB connection or (drum roll!) wirelessly over my Airport wireless network with an Ethernet connection to the Airport base station. Cool! :)

I'm using the "downgraded" 1.3.9 CUPS under Puppy 4.2, along with the HPJIS driver set from the 4.x repositories.

What I want to know is whether I can now install HPLIP so I get HP's Linux control center program, which I used briefly under Sidux and was pretty cool, showing ink levels, cartridge alignment and so on. Can I just install the HPLIP Lite pup over what I have now? Or should I just not fix it if it ain't broke? :lol:

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

I don't think HPLIP lite has a control centre or anything - you need the monster HPLIP for that.
I don't see any reason why installing HPLIP should break your system.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

rebbi1

#3 Post by rebbi1 »

disciple wrote:I don't think HPLIP lite has a control centre or anything - you need the monster HPLIP for that.
I don't see any reason why installing HPLIP should break your system.
Disciple,

Thanks very much. If I can install it over my current system, and trash it if it screws things up, I'll give it a go.
:D