Korean

For efforts in internationalising Puppy and solving problems in this area
raffy

Korean

#1 Post by raffy »

To start, here are inputs from Koreanair as posted in puppylinux.org:
koreanair on May 03 2006 04:31
Hi, I'm a korean.

I met this live-cd puppylinux a few days ago.
Well, it's very fine for me. At the first, I've only tried to use the sodipodi for my graphic interest. I didn't think about the networking. But...

And I tried to ADSL setting for my puppy. So, I tried many times and finally I got the method.

With RP-PPPoE, it is necessary to set the BASIC tab, and NIC and DNS tab. In NIC and DNS tab, it is recommended to 'specify' the DNS ip address instead of using the 'from server'.

In the Options tab, check up only the 'Allow use by none-root users' and don't select others.

I use Sound Blaster PCI 128, but the sound volume is weaksome. And... the problem is the Hangul(Korean) font. I just solved this problem using the Baekmook font system. If you want to use the Korean fonts, you should these fonts from the site below:

ftp://ftp.mizi.com/pub/baekmuk/obsoletes
baekmuk-2.0.tar.gz 9604 KB
baekmuk-doc.tar.gz 2 KB
baekmuk-ttf-2.0.tar.gz 11298 KB

(With the netscape download tool, select just 'open' check. When the downloading ended, GUI tar appears automatically.)

And unpack these fonts all to the local location '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc'. And set for the Netscape Navigator preferences for fonts of korean. And then set the view/character encoding to korean.

Please remember korean users to use this beautiful live-cd linux! Well, this time I'll try to korean input method.

Thanks.

puppyiso

한글 표기는

#3 Post by puppyiso »

한글

himajin

how to

#4 Post by himajin »

韓国語を使

puppyiso

Please show me more detail

#5 Post by puppyiso »