Changing Firefox's icon: can I use "header.png"?

Booting, installing, newbie
Puppy Dog

Changing Firefox's icon: can I use "header.png"?

#1 Post by Puppy Dog »

I`m currently using the Firefox icon provided in "usr/local/lib/x11/pixmaps" which is just fine, but I would like to know how to use the one that comes with the Firefox download. Using barebones 1.0.3 I click on header.png and mtPaint opens but I can`t figure how to save or alter from that window--or if I should even use mtPaint. Nor can I save a drawing . If you could help me save a drawing and also use header.png I would be grateful.
"Best In Show"

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#2 Post by GuestToo »

if you installed Firefox, there should be a dir called icons in the Firefox dir

if you want to change the icon for a desktop shortcut, right click the icon and click Set Icon ... drag the Firefox icon from the icon dir to the window where it says: Drop an Icon File Here

like this: http://tinypic.com/5xjxmu

Puppy Dog

#3 Post by Puppy Dog »

Could it be elsewhere? I can`t find an icon dir within the Firefox installer dir which contains all of the Firefox 1.0.4 I am aware of. There is a header.png which shows the icon in minature (the size of a period) . When dragged to "Set an icon here" it`s the same minature that sets. When header.png is left mouse clicked mtPaint 0.95 opens to show the icon in full icon size. I don`t know how to alter,save in mtPaint0.95.

Hey, thanks for the time your putting in Guest Too.
"Best In Show"

Bancobusto

#4 Post by Bancobusto »

Hey there, this could be an irrelevent comment but there is a option to display hidden directories in Rox filer.... it looks like .xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or something... there is the chance that this was overloooked, and maybe by displaying these directories you could fix your problem... if that isn't helpfull, i'm sorry, just trying to help, not asssuming that you're an idiot or anything!

much love, cheers
Freedom isn't just a Puppy-Linux forum member!

Puppy Dog

#5 Post by Puppy Dog »

Thanks Bancobusto, but Thumbs or All,Thumbs doesn`t seem to make a difference.
"Best In Show"

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#6 Post by GuestToo »

the header.png is in the installer dir
it isn't used by Firefox ... it is only used by the installer program

after you run the installer to install Firefox where ever you want to put it, there should be a "icons" folder in the dir you installed Firefox to

i think the installer installs to it's own folder by default, so the icons folder would be where header.png is

i usually don't download and run the installer ... i just download the tgz file, unzip it, and run Firefox ... the header.png file is only in the installer package

Puppy Dog

#7 Post by Puppy Dog »

Thanks Guest Too. I`m going to start a fresh Pup001 with a fresh Firefox.
"Best In Show"

Puppy Dog

#8 Post by Puppy Dog »

Using mozicon50.xpm icon in a new pup001. All is well. Found it right where you said it would be. Lesson learned?-==-I believe I made some directoy placement errors,and it didn`t sink in that---- when you look back = the Firefox-install directory is not the final directory if in the process you created an additional directory. Thanks again!
"Best In Show"