Opera 10 Turbo browser (b4394 / static Qt 4.2.2)

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
aarf

#21 Post by aarf »

rhadon wrote:@andym3

Maybe Ctrl +Q works ? It's the shortcut for File -> Exit
Ctrl +Q closes opera for me. still only a partial solution but better than ctl+alt+backspace

F11 fail to work most consistently when in full screen-flash-content and have been clicking inside the flash. the longer in full screen mode the less likely F11 will return it to normal screen mode.

rhadon

#22 Post by rhadon »

Hi aarf,

you're right,it's not a good solution, but after using flash I also found no other chance to stop fullscreen mode than Alt+F4 or Ctrl+Q.

BTW, with Ripple in multiple desktop mode I have no access of the bottom dockbar so I cannot close Opera from there. :(
Also no access in fullscreen mode.

Rolf

aarf

#23 Post by aarf »

rhadon wrote: BTW, with Ripple in multiple desktop mode I have no access of the bottom dockbar so I cannot close Opera from there. :(
Also no access in fullscreen mode.

Rolf
yes i notice that too. sometimes opera can be seen in the cairo dock when in multiple desktop mode and sometimes it isnt in there and so cant be closed. havent figured out the cases of when it will be and when it wont. not using ripple as much these days but still do use it more than occasionally. am using puppy4.2.1 more now as it is a solid build that i havent crashed using either opera 10beta (from elsewhere on the forum by synth) or seamonkey, both are using the original flash plugin 9,0,159,0 in puppy4.2.1
Edit: solid build AFTER you install the the EeePC wifi pets

rhadon

#24 Post by rhadon »

I just installed Opera 10 beta in Upup:

With F11 I get fullscreen, but not back to normal.
Alt+F4 doesn't work,
Ctrl+Q doesn't work.

I'm ashamed that I found the solution so late :oops: :
with right mouse click I get a menu to change fullscreen / normal.
Works also after using flash 10.

BTW, I'm glad not being alone using Ripple :D

Rolf
Ich verwende "frugal", und das ist gut so. :wink:
Raspberry Pi without Puppy? No, thanks.

rhadon

#25 Post by rhadon »

Sorry, double posting
Ich verwende "frugal", und das ist gut so. :wink:
Raspberry Pi without Puppy? No, thanks.

aarf

#26 Post by aarf »

rhadon wrote:I just installed Opera 10 beta in Upup:

With F11 I get fullscreen, but not back to normal.
Alt+F4 doesn't work,
Ctrl+Q doesn't work.

I'm ashamed that I found the solution so late :oops: :
with right mouse click I get a menu to change fullscreen / normal.
Works also after using flash 10.

BTW, I'm glad not being alone using Ripple :D

Rolf
[posting now from opera in ripple.(no flashplayer because opera doesn't see my spanking new flashplayer plugin 10,0,22,87 that works well in my ripple firefox)]

that's the jackpot rhadon, right click, then"more items" then "full screen"" toggles it off/on. well done.

James C

#27 Post by James C »

Just installed today in 4.20.Really nice pet. Thanks.

Haven't tested much but it is fast......

DaveS

#28 Post by DaveS »

Been using this for ten days or so now. Had to FORCE myself at first because of the (slightly) weird mail element, but felt it was worth it due to the fast rendering and ability to handle every site I threw at it. Got there now though, cant see me going back to Seamonkey any time soon. There are a couple of silly little bugs, but nothing that affects useability, and so far, no crashes. I like that I can configure fonts, a big job in Opera. Dont these guys know about freedom?
Unusually for me (fussy git) I like the theme too. Mind, Seamonkey 2 finally has a nice theme too. What has that taken, 10 years?
I think Ttuuxxx is doing som very interesting stuff with Firefox 3 just now too......................
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

aarf

#29 Post by aarf »

DaveS wrote:ability to handle every site I threw at it.
both this alpha and the elsewhere beta opera both have login problems on two different sites i visit. for these i just switch back to firefox.

enry183

#30 Post by enry183 »

Any suggestion to have better fonts?

I don't know why but it seem that i have some problems with menu grafics and fonts they are not right.

enry183

#31 Post by enry183 »

enry183 wrote:Any suggestion to have better fonts?

I don't know why but it seem that i have some problems with menu grafics and fonts they are not right.
It's the Qt library itseem not enabled on my pc...and i don't know why...please help!

aarf

#32 Post by aarf »

Opera 10.00b3 for Linux i386 says thing about automatic upgrades but can't see where to do it

panzerpuppy

#33 Post by panzerpuppy »

Any suggestion to have better fonts?
Try the newer Unite build (with Flash 10) by Synth :)

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=43950

Opera 10.00b3 for Linux i386 says thing about automatic upgrades but can't see where to do it
Automatic updates are disabled in the latest beta builds.

sickgut

#34 Post by sickgut »

broken link to download opera 10 turbo, just lettin yall know as this is still a handy program to have

the http://stashbox url dont work

i would like to get my hands on this prog if the guy who made it could re upload i would thank him in my mind for a very long time, even while shopping or driving a go-cart or something.