USB Keyboard won't work on Dell?

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
Newpuppy

USB Keyboard won't work on Dell?

#1 Post by Newpuppy »

Tried booting Puppy 1.0.6 on a dell at work that only has a USB keyboard and mouse. USB keyboard doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

PeterSieg

search the forum for usb keyboard

#2 Post by PeterSieg »

search the forum for usb keyboard
or goto
puppylinux.abcde.biz/puppy

PS
Have fun :)

Max

USB Keboard

#3 Post by Max »

USB Keyboards are not working in Puppy for the time being. I have tried for 1.0.5. 06 and 07 with different PC s.

MU

#4 Post by MU »

I use the supplied USB-to PS/2-adapter for a wireless "Logitech Cordless Desktop Optical Black".

Works good so far, just when X started I have to unplug the keyboard and plug it in again.

Puppy 107 beta with the x.org -xserver.
I think with XVesa I didn't even have to unplug the keyboard, but I don't remember exactly.

Mark

opel70

#5 Post by opel70 »

This is strange. Everything worked fine booting the 1.0.7 CD. I was able to use the USB keyboard without any problems. The only thing I did after booting from the CD was to run the USB flash install. Again, during the install, the keyboard worked without any problems. Then when I boot from the USB flash drive, the USB keyboard does not work.

Guess I'll need to stick with the CD for now.

Tim

opel70

#6 Post by opel70 »

As additional information, the USB keyboard works on the Live-CD version, not the multi-session version. I guess the USB drivers don't get loaded soon enough on the multisession or USB flash versions of Puppy.

Tim