Mozilla 'Modern' theme: scrollbar almost unusably narrow

Using applications, configuring, problems
Walt H

Mozilla 'Modern' theme: scrollbar almost unusably narrow

#1 Post by Walt H »

I decided to try out the Modern theme in Mozilla (I just thought it looked better). However, it seems that the window scrollbar has become almost too narrow to use. (I have to place my mouse cursor just so.) Is there any way to reconfigure or widen the scrollbar (aside from possibly reverting back to the Classic style)? Thanks.

(Note: I changed the subject in hopes of making my situation sound more serious than it might have at first sounded :) )
Walt

Now that you point it out to me, the answer seems painfully obvious.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Re: scrollbar almost unusable in Mozilla (subject changed)

#2 Post by Lobster »

Do not be seduced by the small side of the Mozilla (or the Dark Side of the Force - when it comes to that) The answer to your question is yes (I remember doing it when I was a young Jedi) To find the answer to your question may require facing the search engine of Mozilla and many other feats of daring do . .

All I remeber is there is a configuration file (mind you this was in netscape) and you could set the scroll bar by number to any width you require

Watch out for the wookies.

Daft Wader Lobster
Last edited by Lobster on Tue 14 Jun 2005, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

JaDy

#3 Post by JaDy »

To change that too-thin-to-be-useful scroll-bar to be wider, change the Theme (or skins or whatever, I forget) to something else than the default. Don't remember which I did, maybe Classic.
Felicitations & Facilitations, Rev. John G. Derrickson
Wrote fast. Goofs happen. Tell me.

Walt H

#4 Post by Walt H »

Classic appears to be the default theme. I switched to Modern, which produced the too narrow scrollbar. Switching back to Classic caused the scrollbar to revert to it's "normal" size.

I'd prefer to use the Modern theme because I prefer its look. A Google search hinted that there should be some file I can edit to change the scrollbar width, but I could not find such a file in Puppy. I found files where I could change some attributes but none (as far as I could see) that allowed me to change the scrollbar (or slider) width. Anyone have any ideas on what file I should be looking for. (My eyes started to blur after looking through folders ad nauseum :) )
Walt

Rich

#5 Post by Rich »

http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html

Had a look through some of the Mozilla config files, but couldn't instantly spot anything, but there were loads of links to the above. Might be of some use to you

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#6 Post by Flash »

Would the 'Creating a Skin for Mozilla' page be any help? (Looks like 'Changing Borders and Colors' might point you in the right direction.)

Walt H

#7 Post by Walt H »

Thanks. I'll take a look at both of those when I get the chance.
Walt