Puppy has a good thing going

Promote Puppy !
TukTuk

Puppy has a good thing going

#1 Post by TukTuk »

I am still new to Linux and am enjoying it very much. (still need windows for my kids and games).

Right now I am in Afghanistan and needed a solution for a friends laptop that lost its bootloader and would not repair. Knowing about linux and how it can read about anything on a HD, I started looking for a Linux Live CD distro and came accross Puppy. It was everything that I needed to -- Boot his computer; find the photo's (6 gigs worth) and burn them to DVD. All of this was done with a great program you all at Puppy have came up with.

I am currently running Puppy USB on my laptop and use skype to talk voice to my family every night.

Thank you all at Puppy and keep up the good work. I would like to thank all the users and staff of the forum for the good advise with any issues.

TukTuk

kcin

Re: Puppy has a good thing going

#2 Post by kcin »

TukTuk wrote:

...Right now I am in Afghanistan ...

TukTuk
Hi Tuk Tuk,

Glad you found Puppy and are having such a nice success with it. Would You consider going to our FRAPPR page ( http://www.frappr.com/puppykennels ) and adding yourself? I don't be lieve we have anyone else anywhere near Afghanistan currently, and it would be nice to have a whole 'nother country represented for Puppy.

Best Regards,

kcin

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Would you also consider explaining how you got Skype to work, and details of how you did the other things you did with Puppy? Thanks. :)