PET MAKER - 2.3 - Oct 2014

Miscellaneous tools
01micko

#41 Post by 01micko »

Hey Bro

Very nice work!

Small thing, now that petmaker jumps straight to a made pet I didn't see how I can add a mini-icon for my menu entry... or am I being thick again? :lol:

Cheers

Mick
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

trio

#42 Post by trio »

01micko wrote:Hey Bro

Very nice work!

Small thing, now that petmaker jumps straight to a made pet I didn't see how I can add a mini-icon for my menu entry... or am I being thick again? :lol:

Cheers

Mick
edit: menu entry for new pet you make? Ok, u make a new /usr/share/applications/xxx.desktop file, and put in the "pet to be" directory...and you got yourself a menu entry

trio

#43 Post by trio »

after 500 plus downloads ... hopefully this will be the final update ....

Updated to v 09.3 - Major Bug fix (process hangs), bugfix (recognize correct directory name converted from pet/sfs)

see main post...please test for bugs, if found please report

Thank you

trio

#44 Post by trio »

Yet another bugfix -- hangs at converting sfs to pet process...(few times fix trials, now i know the culprit)

Updated to version 09.6 - main post

Hopefully this will be the last bugfix, I am tired :wink: starting to be very careless

trio

#45 Post by trio »

Anybody who already tested all the functions of version 1.0 ,please report if all functions are working correctly. I was too tired when I post it, worry if something is sill wrong. It's hard to test by myself

Thank you

trio

#46 Post by trio »

Updated to v 1.1 - Faster, safer

see main post

jasmac

#47 Post by jasmac »

Hi trio, I have been trying to convert sfs to pet using the latest v1.1, but do not seem to be having any luck. It gets to the window that says working and please wait for window to close and that is where it stays. I left it for 45 mins with no change, I also tried 3 different sfs files. They are all quite large, would that make any difference, and does the version of puppy that is being used matter?

Cheers

Jason

trio

#48 Post by trio »

Sorry, u r right, problem with sfs2pet function, in my system sometimes it can, sometimes can't. Will fix later. Size doesn't matter, but not recomended for slow system. Puppy version as lonmg as it,s 4 series with rox file manager won't matter,think.

I'll try to fix later today, thanks

trio

#49 Post by trio »

Updated to v 1.2
- Even Faster! (found new way, shortcut)
- Bugfix (pet2sfs hangs, I really got it this time, stupid mistake - thanks to jasmac)

See main post...I think everything works now....

Please test and report. Thanks

trio

#50 Post by trio »

A present for NOP (XFCE & Thunar) users:

New - Pet Maker 1.3 for NOP

Also General Pet Maker 1.3

See main post

jasmac

#51 Post by jasmac »

Hi again trio, I am currently trying your latest version. I am getting the same result, the program seems to be just sitting there, there is no cpu usage registering. I am using the latest Lighthouse Pup beta, frugal install, and am trying to sfs2pet a oxygenoffice.sfs. I am not sure if I have everything needed, do I need the devx file that corresponds to the pup version, I don't know if it has it or not, will have a look. My system is a dell laptop with a pentium M processor and 2gb of RAM. Is there anything else that you would like me to investigate, I believe it is more than likely something to do with my end. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Jason

trio

#52 Post by trio »

jasmac wrote:Hi again trio, I am currently trying your latest version. I am getting the same result, the program seems to be just sitting there, there is no cpu usage registering. I am using the latest Lighthouse Pup beta, frugal install, and am trying to sfs2pet a oxygenoffice.sfs. I am not sure if I have everything needed, do I need the devx file that corresponds to the pup version, I don't know if it has it or not, will have a look. My system is a dell laptop with a pentium M processor and 2gb of RAM. Is there anything else that you would like me to investigate, I believe it is more than likely something to do with my end. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Jason

Hi Jason, thanks for inputs, no, problem is in my script, sorry...

Updated to v 1.4 - I changed target directory sfs2pet from /mnt/home to /mnt (seems many problems when in /mnt/home, dunno why)

Regards, Trio

trio

#53 Post by trio »

Hi all,

If sfs2pet function still always be a problem, I will delete that function. I made another app, that actually replaces that function, SFS Installer at this thread http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=44765

actually people who need to convert sfs to pet because they can't use sfs as they use puppy full install...Please give comment

Regards, Trio

trio

#54 Post by trio »

Updated to v 1.5

I decided to replace sfs2pet with sfs installer (it registers to petget so it's having uninstall function from petget package manager)

trio

#55 Post by trio »

hmm..have new ideas about this Pet Maker, now that it is getting more to be a Pet Maker ++ .......

1. when installing an sfs --> auto recognize if there's a menu entry, pops up a message telling the user --> click ok --> run fixmenus & re-start the wm
2. I want to give it a little polish on cosmetics by not using gxmessage anymore -- I want to add a progress bar (installing big sfs takes a long time)
3. an SFS combiner maybe (MU made up one I think, but it gives you drag & drop choice) that directly combines 2 sfs' at a time., maybe useful for frugal install of standard puppy (3 sfs only at boot)

So, how about it?

trio

#56 Post by trio »

Updated to Pet Maker Plus 1.6 -- see main post
1. Cosmetic face lift
2. Sfs installer recognizes menu entry (if any) and will perform fixmenus + re-start window manager (icewm & jwm only) - Please test this function

I did not upgrade the Pet Maker for NOP since yo0u don't need to run fixmenus+restart wm

Regards,

Trio

trio

#57 Post by trio »

Next Function to be incorporated - A Menu Entry Maker (next for v 1.7) - Micko asked this
If any suggetions or bugs, please report. Thanks
Attachments
Pet_Menu_Maker.jpg
(39.62 KiB) Downloaded 1562 times

WarMocK

#58 Post by WarMocK »

Looking good so far, trio. :D
A little request: would it be possible to add some kind of an import filter for .deb files as well? It would be awesome to use PET maker as a wrapper for debian packages as well. ^^

Caneri

#59 Post by Caneri »

Hi Trio, Micko et al,

This could become a killer app for Puppy..wow

I'm watching with interest as this could allow the newest of the newbies the ability to run the Pup with almost no experience what so ever.

This could give them a very good overall "first run" experience.

Eric
[color=darkred][i]Be not afraid to grow slowly, only be afraid of standing still.[/i]
Chinese Proverb[/color]

trio

#60 Post by trio »

@ Warmock,

Hi, thanks, have you tested all the existing function? Do. they work well?..as for your "not so little" request, I'll consider it, more like "deb installer func" rather than "deb2pet" func, I think...

@ Eric

Wow, you give me more spirit..yup, that's the point, to make newbies able to perform technical stuff, without having the knowledge or even touching the terminal! Ecomoney, you read this? :lol:

I am thinking to mod pet maker to ne suitable for upup (different file/menu entry structure), so when installing sfs and making a menu entry, will suit for upup, what say you Barry? But it will have to wait until pet maker is final. To do: prompt user that the sfs has a menu entry and it's not suitable for upup and tell him to use menu maker to replace the old menu entry, also registers the sfs as pet correctly with the new ppm.

Regards,
Trio