Pet packages for Chinese localization for Puppy Linux 4.00

For efforts in internationalising Puppy and solving problems in this area
Caneri

#21 Post by Caneri »

Hi toufu,

Agreed. There is some very important work by Irihapeti and the files definitely should be on other servers that use Puppy...or for that matter other servers period.

My apologies for the server problem and I'll try to do a better job in the future.

Best,
Eric
[color=darkred][i]Be not afraid to grow slowly, only be afraid of standing still.[/i]
Chinese Proverb[/color]

thebeaky

step 6

#22 Post by thebeaky »

hiya,

I have completed all the steps aforementioned (in the first post of this topic) , however at step 6 ctrl + space seems just to revert me back to the previous font, instead of the Chinese one I have selected.

I tried to work around, by adding another shortcut combo t do the same job, however that had no luck either.

any ideas.

-- edit : I think it could be a problem with the font, leafpad wont show the font at all.
I have tried all locals mentioned. that didn't make any difference except for th e language scim is in.

system details

puppy 4.2 running off disk.
Insperon laptop 2600.
using a pupsave on a flash drive.

levian

#23 Post by levian »

http://www.puppylinux.org/wiki/localiza ... dly-method

i can't seemed to get the scim box to pop up after following the instructions listed in the page above either. i opened up geany or leafpad, no reaction even after i press cltr+space. what should i do next? please help.