Hi there,

The basics:
Platform - Puppy 4.20
Printer - HP 1215 on Windows USB

Samba sees things okay:

Sharename Type Comment
--------------------------------------------
HPColorL Printer HP Color LaserJet CP1215

I've tried the various versions of URI offered in topic 29206.

On test page the best I can get is "Processing Page 1..." but nothing ever prints.

Suggestions would be welcome...

Richard

chirgwin

#2 Post by chirgwin »

Oh yes, and the printer wizard won't start. If the printer wizard is gtklp, then what it says at the command line is:

gtklp: symbol lookup error: gtklp: undefined symbol: cupsLangDefault

Patriot

#3 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm .....

The CUPS wizard + manage printing in puppy 4.20 is kinda borked ...

Instead, to reliably get to CUPS web interface (for puppy 4.20), use: 'http://localhost:631' in your browser ...

If the CUPS web interface errors out, then CUPS service is dead (killed by cups wizard). Restart it in a terminal, like this:

# /etc/init.d/cups start

Rgds

chirgwin

#4 Post by chirgwin »

Thanks, Patriot -

The browser interface is working, but I still need to work out why the printer isn't printing. The relevant info is in the first post; happy to provide anything else that will help debug.

Richard

Patriot

#5 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm .....

The hp cp1215 requires hpijs/hplip 3.9.2 minimum, please refer here.

rcrsn51 has a small and functional hpijs 3.9.4 (dynamic ppd) pet here for basic printing ...

lluamco has a more comprehensive hplip 3.9.2 pet covering older cups v1.1.23 right up to v1.3.10 right here.

You need hplip/hpijs on linux and send your printouts to raw windows printer ... if you have all the above covered, then probably just need to tinker with windows permissions ...

Rgds

chirgwin

#6 Post by chirgwin »

Thanks - I will let you know how it goes.

levian

#7 Post by levian »

hi Patriot,

i am trying to install a Canon LBP2900 or LBP3050 into my puppy 4.2.1. or best, to install it as a network printer. i have the .ppd for LBP2900 but not LBP3050. i tried to plug it in using the USB cable n installed through CUPS, but it didn't work, giving me the error "Filter "pstocapt" for printer "2900" not available: No such file or directory" instead. right now, i have a clean installation of puppy in my laptop. what should i do to not mess things up? thanks!