GTK Theme Maker 2.1 2016

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
trio

GTK Theme Maker 2.1 2016

#1 Post by trio »

HI,

What can we do if we have JWM theme maker but no GTK Theme Maker? Well, here it is. Testers welcome!

1. Menu entry under Desktop group
2. Will make a standard GTK theme (with a default template), you can create your own template, just look /root/,GTKthememaker/template

Enjoy

Version 2.1: small bugfix
Version 2.0: pGtkthemerefresh not needed, using switch2 in compliance with ptheme (slacko 6.3)

Version 1.9.4: updated to be compatible with new feature of jwm theme maker
Version 1.9.3:
- One version only (autodetect if pGtkthemerefresh is present or not) and apply button will appear accordingly
- Using native gtkdialog fontselector

Version 1.8.2 & 1.9.2 :
- Warning when saving an existing theme name
- Warning & relaunch jwmthememaker when trying to edit a theme not made by jwmthememaker
- Remove rgb2hexscript, now use native gtkdialog colorchooser
Version 1.8.1 & 1.9.1 : bugfix, edit theme can't load saved theme's template

Version 1.9 (and up) - Instant Apply without Gtk-ch-theme gui
Dependency: pGtkthemerefresh get it from
here

Version 1.8 - Add preview unsaved theme - very useful
Version 1.7.2 - only change the way functions work
Version 1.7.1 - potential bugfix: when loading saved theme font name
Version 1.7 - Total overhouled to 1 executable file
- Add Edit saved theme function (only themes made by this tool)
Version 1.6 - Replace binary rgb2hex by Aragon to rgb2hexscript (bash)
Version 1.5 - fc-list compatibility precise/slacko/tahr
Version 1.4 - Bugfix in LUPU 520 (weird) ... can't show fonts, and templates
Updated to v 1.3 - Added Active checkboxes color
Updated to v 1.2 - change button active to Inactive Text (buttons' color not really matter when using template), improved templates (default & rainbow)
Updated to v 1.1 - ability to choose template (mine are ugly, uou should make one yourself)

When you've collected say 100 themes, you might want to use Desktop Display/Themes Profile Manager

pGtkthemerefresh download here
Attachments
GTK_Theme_Maker-2.1.pet
Version 2.1: pGtkthemerefresh not needed, using switch2 in compliance with ptheme (slacko 6.3)
(8.54 KiB) Downloaded 823 times
GTK_Theme_Maker-1.9.4-xfce.pet
For xfce4 - Built & tested in X-Precise 2.4. Find it in Control panel - desktop
(9.23 KiB) Downloaded 836 times
GTK_Theme_Maker-1.9.1-oldpup.pet
for older pups, that don't have gtkdialog native colorchooser & fontchooser. Please resave with correct font when you edit an older theme
(9.86 KiB) Downloaded 773 times
gtkthememakernewagain.png
(50.8 KiB) Downloaded 11488 times
GTK_Theme_Maker-1.9.4.pet
auto detect if pGtkthemerefresh is installed or not and apply button will appear accordingly
(9.35 KiB) Downloaded 3420 times
Last edited by trio on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 10:47, edited 53 times in total.

`f00

#2 Post by `f00 »

... (even before a test), no need for font size and name boxes (unless desired particularly) since those are already in gtkchtheme as a global option. The usual recent GTK choose theme interface is quite good, but lacks a few display items (like tabs and tab text variations) ...

:D 3 minutes :shock:

aragon

#3 Post by aragon »

trio, one problem here...

the values from the colorchooser are not copied to the main-gui as rgb2hex is not installed on my pc... you will have to include it or post it as seperat download.

after installing it works (quick test).

aragon

trio

#4 Post by trio »

aragon wrote:trio, one problem here...

the values from the colorchooser are not copied to the main-gui as rgb2hex is not installed on my pc... you will have to include it or post it as seperat download.

after installing it works (quick test).

aragon
oops sorry, will re-upload

trio

#5 Post by trio »

`f00 wrote:... (even before a test), no need for font size and name boxes (unless desired particularly) since those are already in gtkchtheme as a global option. The usual recent GTK choose theme interface is quite good, but lacks a few display items (like tabs and tab text variations) ...

:D 3 minutes :shock:
You are right but not complete, the real truth is, even without any theme, GTK will have a default theme itself, not only fonts

trio

#6 Post by trio »

Updated to version 1.1:

- ability to choose template (mine are ugly, please somebody good at GIMP help me) :lol:
- rgb2hex included (thanks aragon)

see main post

dejan555

#7 Post by dejan555 »

Cool trio you da man! I thought you would need more options then used for jwm maker for all kind of buttons and menus though. Works here on dpup. ;) You rock man!
puppy.b0x.me stuff mirrored [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Mb589v0iCXNnhSZWRwd3R2UWs]HERE[/url] or [url=http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_puppy.b0x.me_mirror]HERE[/url]

dejan555

#8 Post by dejan555 »

hmm, yeah should you at least add inactive text color, if I make theme with black background I can't see inactive text?
I tried to gimp some templates, but didn't turn out good :roll:
puppy.b0x.me stuff mirrored [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Mb589v0iCXNnhSZWRwd3R2UWs]HERE[/url] or [url=http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_puppy.b0x.me_mirror]HERE[/url]

magerlab

#9 Post by magerlab »

very nice and easy !!!

trio

#10 Post by trio »

Magerlab,

Thx 4 using. Glad you like it

Dejan,

I'll see about the inactive text. But I want to keep it as simple as possible for new users.
The key to the templates are: size is 20x20, and most part transparent but outlined, so that it will cater for most of colors.

If I make any modifications, I will also make my included templates better.

trio

#11 Post by trio »

Updated to v 1.2 - change button active to Inactive Text (buttons' color not really matter when using template, thanks Dejan), improved templates (default & rainbow)

see main post

`f00

#12 Post by `f00 »

Nice - it's good to be able to quickly make your very own basic gtk with a few choices (especially the base) and have it to learn from if one wishes to. Of course it isn't very fancy, but then again it is quick and works well. Good job, I imagine some of the enthusiasts will be coming up with custom templates as they get inspired to share .. heh, works well enough messing with .pngs (mm, right about inactive text but very very dark themes are a thankless task if they ever work in general and with a wide variety of apps (Rox disappears bad or you have to change things so much it's disorienting)

yep, p421bb did and possibly other bares might need that rgb2hex to make it as easy as it should be - in pp4a423 is fine, reminded me to dump in the new mtphandbook :)

dunno if you could use the .pngs in this match to the other jwm thing, tab1 kind of suffers on the corners when it sits on top of default (why I need to read the handbook. :lol: )
Attachments
0irT.tar.gz
(3.28 KiB) Downloaded 2008 times

trio

#13 Post by trio »

fOo

Thanks for your template, but please next time don't include the gtkrc, the gtkrc will be auto-made by GTKthememaker

regards

trio

#14 Post by trio »

here's a template I made, i call it "paper"
Attachments
paper.jpg
(5.44 KiB) Downloaded 11491 times
paper_template.pet
(3.88 KiB) Downloaded 2030 times

trio

#15 Post by trio »

Updated to v 1.3 - Added Active checkboxes color

see main post

KJ

#16 Post by KJ »

Trio .. Thanks for this GTK theme-maker and also for the JWM theme maker. Interestingly, if I use your GTK theme-maker to create a theme with black active text .... make it the active GKT theme ....then tell the JWM configuration manager to "apply current GTK theme to JWM" ..... I get an unreadble black JWM active titlebar with black type and buttons and a unreadable black JWM active menu background with black type. Keep up the good work. KJ

trio

#17 Post by trio »

Hi,

Yes, that's maybe because what I call "gtk active text" actually is prelight foreground. I have not look how jwm theme switcher use current gtk theme.

Thanks

trio

#18 Post by trio »

KJ wrote:Trio .. Thanks for this GTK theme-maker and also for the JWM theme maker. Interestingly, if I use your GTK theme-maker to create a theme with black active text .... make it the active GKT theme ....then tell the JWM configuration manager to "apply current GTK theme to JWM" ..... I get an unreadble black JWM active titlebar with black type and buttons and a unreadable black JWM active menu background with black type. Keep up the good work. KJ
I checked, with clean boot, apply current STANDARD gtk theme (gradient-grey) to JWM, and jwm became unreadable, the text became yellow, etc

In short, I think the option to apply current gtk theme to jwm should not be there. It's not right

trio

#19 Post by trio »

new, metal template - buttons just a little transparent, not like default
Attachments
metal-template.jpg
(27.96 KiB) Downloaded 2982 times
metal_template.pet
(3.51 KiB) Downloaded 1563 times
Last edited by trio on Fri 21 Aug 2009, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

KJ

#20 Post by KJ »

trio .... Thanks for the quick responses and for checking this out. A fully working GTK2 to JWM theme converter would be cool, However, that's way past my level of expertise. Thanks again. KJ