How to use OpenOffice .sfs file with multisession cd/dvd?

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
bones01

How to use OpenOffice .sfs file with multisession cd/dvd?

#1 Post by bones01 »

Morning all,

I've been looking through the forums, but haven't been able to find an answer, and need something more than I can find in the wiki.

I'm having a go at just using a live cd (with K-9 Puplet for now) and it's been an interesting experience. But my problem is simply about what to do with .sfs files.

I know where to put them on frugal installs, but if I want to have everything on a cd/dvd that I can take anywhere with me, and if I need Open Office, which is my aim, where do I put the .sfs files?

Thanks for any help.

Bones
Dell Latitude D630 running Puppy 5.2.8 frugal, Macpup 525 frugal (if I can get it working again. Sadly, I couldn't get it fixed :? )
Precise Puppy 5.4 live DVD
Precise 5.7.3 on USB

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

I've been running Puppy from a multisession DVD for years. I may have installed OpenOffice years ago just to see if I could, I can't remember. I don't really know how to go about it. I think maybe you have to add the .sfs file to the iso before burning the iso to your DVD with Burniso2cd..

I think you could do that with Menu -> Multimedia -> ISOMaster iso file editor.

While you're experimenting I'd recommend that you use a DVD+RW. Burniso2cd will burn a new iso to a DVD+RW without having to blank it first. Simplifies things and saves time.
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]

bones01

#3 Post by bones01 »

I've never had a look at the iso file before, only burned them to cd with burncd

Is there a specific file that the openoffice sfs should be added to, or is it pretty obvious?

Bones
Dell Latitude D630 running Puppy 5.2.8 frugal, Macpup 525 frugal (if I can get it working again. Sadly, I couldn't get it fixed :? )
Precise Puppy 5.4 live DVD
Precise 5.7.3 on USB

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Flash »

I would use ISOMaster to add the sfs file to all the files that are already in the Puppy iso file.

I haven't used ISOMaster. If it's anything like the iso file editor that was in Puppy when I messed around with editing iso files, it should be pretty easy to figure out.