Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 19 Dec 2014, 06:09
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Video
Text is blurry on 720p Plasma HDTV
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
TheGogmagog

PostPosted: Tue 08 Sep 2009, 05:02    Post subject:  Text is blurry on 720p Plasma HDTV
Subject description: Panasonic TH42PX80U and Dell Dimension 4600

HDTV (LCD or Plasma) haven't made it to the monitor selections yet. So I've tried 20 different settings and finally have the TV so that I can get crisp clear images. I've watched a DVD and some Hulu and am happy with the video. For some reason it blurs the heck out of text, both labels on the desktop and within the web browser. I have to enlarge text twice in the web browser to make it legible. I've searched but haven't seen any other reports of the same problem.

Any suggestions to correct this?

The Panasonic TH42PX80U 16:9 720p plasma HDTV with 720 Horizontal frequency as 45 kHz and vertical at 59.94 Hz. I think the Dell has a Nvidia Geforce FX5200. I'm using S-Video cable to connect to the TV. Also available outputs are the 15 pin video and a 32 pin, neither are on the TV. I'm using 'tipsy' puppy 4.13 because I was having trouble getting the TV to display anything but the safety mode. The tipsy distro claimed more video support and I get a better image now than I had in the past.

PS. Another hardware question: Are there multimedia keyboard drivers? The volume control and Play Buttons would be nice.

[Edit: I've come to the conclusion that the HDTV can' display text clearly, After reviewing some text embedded in video and small font CC it's not as clear as I thought it was. Apparently just a 720x1280 resolution setting isn't the same as what the HDTV produces.]
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Video
Jump to: