Fatdog2 64bit alpha1

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
kirk

#41 Post by kirk »

Are you thinking of implementing user accounts?
No. If you want support multiple users, use multiple fdsave (pup_save) files. I'll have to check into the encrypted save file problem you reported.

archwndas

#42 Post by archwndas »

Kirk,

where can I check for new releases of Fatdog2 64bit Puppy? You see, I do not want alpha2 to be out and I be completely unaware ...

Cheers!

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#43 Post by Lobster »

Booted up but could not find a working option for my graphic card (tried editing the xorg horizontal and vertical sync etc)
Nvidia GeForce 7025 - built into Athlon 64 Dual Core motherboard
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

kirk

#44 Post by kirk »

archwndas,

I'll post alpha2 in this Cutting edge section.

Lobster,

Linux and Xorg support for Nvidia isn't very good, but I guess your Nvidia card works with Puppy 4.1.2? I probably need to update the version of the Xorgwizard I'm using, it's a little old. Fatdog uses the last version of Xorg 7.3 server. I've updated some of the drivers, ATI, Intel (the latest for Xorg 7.3), and maybe Nvidia. Hope I didn't break somthing. I don't have a Nvidia card to test. If it does work with Puppy, take a look at the /etc/Xorg.conf that Puppy creates. In the "Device" section, see what is listed for the "Driver". You could also try using the xorg.conf file from Puppy in Fatdog, again, that's assuming that it works correctly in Puppy.

I'm out of town, so it might be a few days b4 I can check back in.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#45 Post by Lobster »

your Nvidia card works with Puppy 4.1.2
yes and 4.2 and the latest 4.3 betas
So hope you upgrade xorg :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)

tempestuous

#46 Post by tempestuous »

archwndas wrote:#modprobe iwlagn
#dmesg | grep firmware
Don't restrict the output of dmesg to just the word "firmware". The firmware loading process might refer to the name of the firmware file itself.

Or your problem may be be related to uevent/Pupevent, which Barry has apparently solved recently. See here -
http://puppylinux.com/blog/?viewDetailed=01018

Aung

Kdenlive 64 almost

#47 Post by Aung »

Kirk, almost have N'live working using Christian Malats .debs. It gets through the startup wizard but crashes at this.

KCrash: Application 'kdenlive' crashing...
sock_file=/root/.kde4/socket-puppypc/kdeinit4__0
Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.
#

And there is no socket-puppypc in /root/.kde4 'ldd kdenlive' shows that n'live has the full monty. Any thoughts. Aung

Other small bugs, video in Kino's window dont work, and video in Xine's window dont work after trying play video in Kino's window. Have to restart Xwindow to bring back video in Xine's window. Pmount dont Bmount, I have '64 all pet' installed. I could not do a install to a SDHC card in a USB reader/writer, after doing the Gparted bit to set the boot flag, installing would leave the petition 'unallocated'. End of install. Though I have the SD card booting with a fatdog savefile. Guess what I call the save file-- 'fdsave-shutup-aung' Power on Kirk

kirk

#48 Post by kirk »

yes and 4.2 and the latest 4.3 betas
So hope you upgrade xorg
I think 4.2 and 4.3 have older versions of Xorg-server. It's the same as 4.1.2? I did actually do builds with Xorg 7.4 (Xorg-server 1.6.1), but the problems out weighed the benefits. I ended up using the Xorg sources from last summer, which was the last of 7.3, and then updated some of the drivers (radeon, radeonhd, and maybe nvidia).

Aung,

I don't know how to help, it looks like you're trying to install a KDE4 application, that would have a ton of dependencies.

Right now I have a problem developing the 64bit version. I made this 64 bit version because a built a HTPC that is 64bit, and I wanted the fastest system possible. Well now it's in use, parked under my TV. So now I have to use the TV as my monitor (the rest of the family not happy with that), or remote desktop it. When Puppy 4.3 comes out I'll try to get the scripts out of it that have been updated, combine it with some bug fixes and post an alpha2.

Aung

#49 Post by Aung »

Hey Kirk, you have done the impossible (well amigo said it cant be done), I have gkrellm up using 64.debs. You dont have to build a new one the 64 people have all they need. Now I am toying with Openshot in /opt. Its the first time someone has made a video editor and put all the depends in one package. Ideal for opt, I am thinking. Except for phyton and GTK but I have phyton from a Debian live cd. Hmmm there's 1426 GTK files in Puppy. If only I knew how to point Oshot to GTK in Puppy. I have done the /opt/usr/lib thingo in /ect/ld.so.conf. The .py script to kick things off opens rxvt but thats the end of it. (gtk.main are the last words in rxvt.) Aung

Aung

#50 Post by Aung »

Kirk, I installed phyton from source (first time ever that I have done an install without an interruption) and now o'shot opens from urxvt. Is it having trouble finding Puppys gtk? Aung

OpenShot (version 0.9.22)
--------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/share/openshot/main/OpenShot.py", line 33, in <module>
import windows.MainGTK as MainGTK
File "/usr/local/share/openshot/main/windows/MainGTK.py", line 20, in <module>
import gtk, gtk.glade
ImportError: No module named gtk
#

kirk

#51 Post by kirk »

Aung,

I don't have access to the 64 bit version right now. The devx file should include Python.

Aung

#52 Post by Aung »

Yes Kirk, I saw that when looking in /usr and /usr/local. Phyton is ok, it is Puppy's GTK that O'shot cant find. (uneducated guessing) Aung

smil99

openshot video editor

#53 Post by smil99 »

High Aung,
I am gald you are also trying to make openshot work in puppy.
See the thread started by me on this topic:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 1633152792

I have still not been able to make it work and I am surprised the big boys are not taking on this task. I will keep an eye on the responses here and may be, rejuvenate the thread mentioned above per chance someone will come in to assist.

Puppy seriously needs a dedicated video editing programme (can be an sfs) and openshot looks very promising in filling this gap.

Is someone listening?

Cheers.

smil99.

DC

#54 Post by DC »

Hi Kirk,
Thanks for Fatdog 64bit, It works very well for a alpha release.

A couple of minor bugs for you

I tried to full install to sda13, but install pop-up only shows sda1-10

drive icon does not show which drive locked from boot (normal yellow indicator).

So far I've got running
conky 1.7.0 (later versions require lua libs)
Opera 10.10 beta (opera-10.10-4624.gcc4-bundled-qt4.x86_64)
(can't get flash running in opera yet)
NFS client
java (jre-6u16-linux-x64.bin)
java PS3 media server v1.10.5 - works very well
acpitool-0.5.1 - had to add "acpi_sleep=s3_bios" to boot parameters to get round black screen after resume from suspend
VMware-Workstation (6.5.3-185404.x86_64) - runs 32bit XP ok I don't have a 64bit XP

DC
Last edited by DC on Thu 01 Oct 2009, 11:27, edited 4 times in total.

aragon

#55 Post by aragon »

Aung wrote:Yes Kirk, I saw that when looking in /usr and /usr/local. Phyton is ok, it is Puppy's GTK that O'shot cant find. (uneducated guessing) Aung
i guess it might be py-gtk openshot is looking for...

aragon

Aung

#56 Post by Aung »

@ aragon, still no luck. I have found libgtk2.0-0_2.12.11-4_amd64.deb and python-gtk2_2.16.0-1_amd64.deb from Debian packages and they installed into /usr. Still looking for gtk module. O'shot is installed to /usr/local . I removed them from /usr with package manager and undebed them with 'ls *.deb | while read a;do undeb "$a" ; done' and coppied them to their repective folder in /usr/local but still no go, still looking for gtk. Aung

import gtk, gtk.glade
ImportError: No module named gtk

@ smil99 Yes, seen that one. I choose kirk's thread because I have an amd64 cpu. mikeb sums it up. Aung

Radical approach..install ubuntu.
In my case I boot windows for serious video editing and music creation.

mike

JimmyBonzai

fatdig2 link

#57 Post by JimmyBonzai »

hello!

delighted to be part of a Linux community of any kind, the Linux mystical forces have been enticing me for ages! never bothered sticking to ubuntu, the whole marketed look, (or just plain marketing), "Linux for Windows users" come see how it looks not that much different???? All glossy and nice, Bill Gates Hippie nephew was perhaps in on it...peace

man screw that, i want some underground straight to the point command line material where I call the shots!

I of course have tried the ubuntu x86 live cd and for what it is, its quite impressive.

I aim to learn Slackware(x64), BT3 being the main reason and is based on slack. So since hacking my personal wifi network in under 30 mins (granted i changed encryption to WEP, it was my first time come on ! :D) I have been compelled to learn linux, eventually using the Fatcats of Micr0soft for gaming, with linux being the daddy

anyhoo, as u can see im signed up to forum but cant access the FATDOG2 X64 files linked above, takes me to an asia server popup anting un and pw, forum un\pw does not work, any ideas?

Thanks guys :D

DC

#58 Post by DC »

@JimmyBonzai

username: puppy
password: linux

just tried the link - ok

DC

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#59 Post by Lobster »

Puppy 4.2 Deep Thought developer in full mystic garb
Linux mystical forces have been enticing me for ages!
Slackware is based on the principle of 'Slack' used by the
Church of the SubGenuis
http://www.subgenius.com/
- a relaxed attitude that Barry too adopted for Puppy.

I created YAP for the terminally Buddhist
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/BuddhistYAP

Normal service is now resumed :oops:
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#60 Post by Lobster »

Hi Kirk

Any progress on the 64 bit FatDog?
I am trying to run the Android 2 SDK (not even sure why)
and this requires a 64 bit operating system
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)