How to set default bookmarks in Firefox? Need Pupget help

Using applications, configuring, problems
SnowDog

How to set default bookmarks in Firefox? Need Pupget help

#1 Post by SnowDog »

In a remastered Puppy, I have replaced Mozilla & Sylpheed with Firefox 107 & Thunderbird, changed the symlinks & desktop icons accordingly so they look like they're supposed to be there.

One thing I'd like to do is change the default bookmaks & homepage that Firefox comes pre-loaded with. I looked into doing this via defaults/profile but it autogenerates new ones er...old ones to replace whatever I put there.

I also have the added glitch now that pupget, when I tell it to go to the dotpup webpage, hangs for a bit then opens the pupget package manger instead.

Anyone know what needs tweaked to solve these?

Thanks in advance.
If you find my posts helpful and you want to say thanks, please consider clicking the www button under my posts to visit my website.

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

Is the /usr/local/bin/defaultbrowser set to firefox? Maybe it's missing the quotes around $@ ("$@")?
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

SnowDog

#3 Post by SnowDog »

Yep, the quotes are there all right....

I'll try again though, I might have pooched it somehow during installation or something.

It's not a huge problem for me cuz I know how to get there anyway, but if I give someone else a copy it'd be good if it worked for them.
Just the bookmark part driving me batty still Arrrgh!
Thanks Pizzasgood.
If you find my posts helpful and you want to say thanks, please consider clicking the www button under my posts to visit my website.