Unleashed Intro?

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
babbs

Unleashed Intro?

#1 Post by babbs »

Hello everyone,

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the 1.0.2 Unleashed packages to start playing around. But... :wink:

First, is there a list of what each package/program is and what it does? I'm not familure with a quite a few and a simple list of names doesn't help me too much.

Second, is there an Unleashed "getting started" page that covers what to download, where to put it and on which OS to do it on? There are several references to "do this" or "do that" in this forum and the old one, but I haven't seen anywhere that gives the first step so that I can try things. (Is all of this in the v0.9.9 tarball? If it is, I'd like to see it posted somewhere so I can see it without downloading the 93MB first.) How tight is the documentation that I haven't seen yet?

Third, with Unleashed 1.0.2, will it be a complete package of packages so I don't need to download Unleashed version 0.9.9, the upgrade to 1.0.0, and the upgrade to 1.0.1 first?

Like I said to start, I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the new version. With the exception of trying to use it on one HP laptop, I haven't had any problems with Puppy and I like being able to have it so portable.

I just downloaded puppy-1.0.2RC-mozilla.iso, and I'm going to burn it to a 210MB CD-R tonight. I can't wait!

Keep up the great work!!!
babbs

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

There is a web page on Unleashed, linked off the main page I think.
All the web pages, including the Unleashed page, will be updated on release of the official Pup 1.0.2.

Also, Unleashed has a README file.

Regarding download, it will be easier for those on dialup.
No, you won't have to download Unleashed 0.9.9 then apply apgrades -- 1.0.2 Unleashed will be a complete new product.