Wbar: a fancy launchbar (using Imlib2)

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
MU

#121 Post by MU »

I attach a patched wbar 1.3.3

It will stay above other windows also in Icewm (the original does not).
But if you move a window behind it, the background is not refreshed, you must right-click, to update the view.
But this is just the same problem as with the original wbar in other windowmanagers.

I changed XWin.cc, line 173 (in the end):

Code: Select all

Atom prop = XInternAtom(display, "_NET_WM_STATE_BELOW", True);

Atom prop = XInternAtom(display, "_NET_WM_STATE_ABOVE", True);
Create a backup of your original /usr/bin/wbar, then extract the attached archive in /usr/bin/.

Mark
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]

bones01

#122 Post by bones01 »

the link to download the Imlib2 pet is going nowhere. Has it been moved?
Dell Latitude D630 running Puppy 5.2.8 frugal, Macpup 525 frugal (if I can get it working again. Sadly, I couldn't get it fixed :? )
Precise Puppy 5.4 live DVD
Precise 5.7.3 on USB

battleshooter

#123 Post by battleshooter »

bones01 wrote:the link to download the Imlib2 pet is going nowhere. Has it been moved?
Yes, if you used WolfPup's pet it seems to be the case. It gives me the 404 as well, maybe try this one:

http://www.curiouslegends.com.au/tigerp ... imlib2.pet

I'm not sure if it will work though, it's from TigerPup.

Battleshooter

historymaker118

#124 Post by historymaker118 »

Hey all.
Would it be possible to have two wbars running at the same time?
My idea is to have a main wbar either at the top or the bottom with all of the applications in it, and then have a second wbar at either the sides or top/bottom that has the mountable drives in it. Both of these would have to run at the same time and would probably need two different configuration files, but I'm curious as to if it would work or not. It would reduce the need for me to have to keep moving all my icons everytime i log on and would look rather cool as well.
Just an idea but I would love an answer.
Thanks
Rebecca Brannum
"Embrace the Inner Geek"

spottedzebra

#125 Post by spottedzebra »

yes, it is possible
go to the command line, type wbar --help
i'm pretty sure there is a option -config (or something like that)
this allows you to have different configurations, like different icons
you can have more than one wbar running, you just have to specify different positions when you run them with the -pos option

hope that helped :)

historymaker118

#126 Post by historymaker118 »

Thanks for your help, I've managed to get two wbars running at the same time, however they both run off the same .wbar file, and therefore both have the same icons etc. How can I get it so that I've got different icons in the second set?
Thanks again
Rebecca Brannum
"Embrace the Inner Geek"

DMcCunney

#127 Post by DMcCunney »

historymaker118 wrote:Thanks for your help, I've managed to get two wbars running at the same time, however they both run off the same .wbar file, and therefore both have the same icons etc. How can I get it so that I've got different icons in the second set?
You need to specify a different config file for the second instance of wbar.

Open an rxvt window, and type "wbar --help" for pointers.
______
Dennis

ragaman

#128 Post by ragaman »

I might have missed it as I went through this lengthy thread. But how do I autohide the Wbar so it remains hidden until I hover my mouse above its position?

Thanks.

ttuuxxx

#129 Post by ttuuxxx »

here's something different, I compiled it on 2 series, but should work for others.
Its called tablaunch, same Idea as wbar, but this one auto hides and uses Tabs, not icons, lol
anyways its really small, easy to change the configs also, located in root/.tablaunch (hidden file)
to start it, open a terminal and type,
tablauncher
then scroll to the top of the page and it should be there.
ttuuxxx
Attachments
Tablaunch.pet
(14.87 KiB) Downloaded 988 times
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

runtt21

#130 Post by runtt21 »

Sound cool , can you post a screen shot?

ttuuxxx

#131 Post by ttuuxxx »

Yeah sure, its small enough,lol 14kb, the screenshot is probably bigger,lol
also to adjust the location edit /usr/local/bin/tablauncher
you can also just copy that file to /root/startup to autostart it or copy the text into /root/.xinitrc near the bottom, just above exec jwm
ttuuxxx
Attachments
tablaunch.jpg
(21.49 KiB) Downloaded 1923 times
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

CatDude

#132 Post by CatDude »

Hello ragaman
ragaman wrote:I might have missed it as I went through this lengthy thread. But how do I autohide the Wbar so it remains hidden until I hover my mouse above its position?

Thanks.
Here is the command i use (Taken from my .xinitrc file):

# Start wbar application launcher
sleep 3 && wbar -above-desk -jumpf 1 -pos bottom -offset 30 -nanim 3 -zoomf 1.8 -idist 10 -isize 38 -bpress -balfa 0 -falfa 0 &
it is the -falfa 0 which hides it, until you move the cursor over it.
Unless you are using the patched version of wbar, just ignore the -offset 30 part in the above command.

Maybe this image will help explain things:

Hope this helps
CatDude
[img]http://www.smokey01.com/CatDude/.temp/sigs/acer-futile.gif[/img]

ragaman

#133 Post by ragaman »

Thanks Catdude. I'll try those as soon as I can pry my daughter off my Puppy PC.

CRF

#134 Post by CRF »

I'm currently using Fatdog 112 and have downloaded and installed Aragon's xfce 4.61 pet. I've also installed Wbar and all the necessary dependencies.

I've been trying for the past couple of days to get something configured correctly.

When I have Wbar start from the startup folder in root, it start correctly, the way I want it to and with the sleep command so that I don't have that black background that I have to right click on to make the black go away. However, I do have the icons and command set up in Wbar for logout and the Xfce setting manager. Currently I get an error message when trying to use the logout icon. The message is something to the effect that something is not communicating with the session manager. When I try to use my icon to access the xfce settings manager, the screen pops up, but changes like trying to change the background or wallpaper doesn't take effect until I restart my computer.

Now, when I take my Wbar out of startup and run the command directly in terminal, everything works perfectly with no errors. I've tried putting the commands into the xfce autostart tab in setting manager. It works well, except that I get that black background and I have to right click to make it disappear. The sleep command doesn't seem to work in the autostart tab.

I've also attempted different entries in my .xinitrc folder as suggested in the various posts in the forum, all without luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

BTW: I'm really looking forward to a new NOP from Gray!
Last edited by CRF on Fri 25 Sep 2009, 02:28, edited 1 time in total.

aragon

#135 Post by aragon »

CRF
installed Aragon's xfce 4.61 pet
to much honour, it's grays one...

to your problem: maybe create a little script and start this script with xfce autostart?

#!/bin/sh

#wait for the desktop to settle
sleep 10

#start wbar
wbar -above-desk -jumpf 1 -pos bottom -offset 30 -nanim 3 -zoomf 1.8 -idist 10 -isize 38 -bpress -balfa 0 -falfa 0 & 

exit 0
aragon

aragon

#136 Post by aragon »

CRF
installed Aragon's xfce 4.61 pet
to much honour, it's grays one...

to your problem: maybe create a little script and start this script with xfce autostart?

#!/bin/sh

#wait for the desktop to settle
sleep 10

#start wbar
wbar -above-desk -jumpf 1 -pos bottom -offset 30 -nanim 3 -zoomf 1.8 -idist 10 -isize 38 -bpress -balfa 0 -falfa 0 & 

exit 0
aragon

CRF

#137 Post by CRF »

Oops! Sorry! I read a lot of your posts and Gray's as well. To me you guys are the Puppy Guru's!

Thanks for the reply! When I get home tonight, I will try the script!

CRF

#138 Post by CRF »

Fantastic!

Thanks Aragon! It Worked!

swiatmar

#139 Post by swiatmar »

I have some problem with wbar under xfce. So I put xfce on my puppy 431 with the older kernel 2.6.25 and after installing xfce 4.6.1 I tried to install wbar. I've updated xintric and nothing is happening. But wbar is starting when I start it in terminal like wbar --above-desk. I tried also to put a command line to startup folder, but nothing is working :(

CatDude

#140 Post by CatDude »

Hello swiatmar
swiatmar wrote:I have some problem with wbar under xfce.......... I've updated xintric and nothing is happening. But wbar is starting when I start it in terminal like wbar --above-desk.
If you recall the image NOP431+Gimp.jpg that i posted in your NOP lost XFCE!!! thread,
you will notice that i also had wbar installed, i also had it loading automatically at each boot up.

All that i did to achieve that, was to add the launch command to the /root/xinitrc file,
below is how the bottom of that file looks after adding the launch command to it.

# Start wbar application launcher:
sleep 6 && wbar -above-desk -jumpf 1 -pos bottom -offset 30 -nanim 3 -zoomf 1.8 -idist 10 -isize 38 -bpress -balfa 0 -falfa 100 &

#exec $CURRENTWM
#v2.11 GuestToo suggested this improvement...
which $CURRENTWM && exec $CURRENTWM
[ -x $CURRENTWM ] && exec $CURRENTWM
exec startxfce4

###END###
You can leave out the -offset 30 if you are not using the wbar with the offset patch, that i posted on page 7 of this thread.

CatDude
[img]http://www.smokey01.com/CatDude/.temp/sigs/acer-futile.gif[/img]