Suggestions for the section "Next Puppy Development"

This is where threads concerning the development of the next version of Puppy live.
sunburnt

#41 Post by sunburnt »

Pizzasgood; This may be a little out of the discussion of this thread, but it relates.
In another thread it was suggested that there be a programmers forum for feedback.
I usually use the Cutting Edge forum, but it probably was never intended for that.
There`s forums for Software packages, and for Puppy projects, and Puppy variants.
But folks who develop new apps. and utilities have no set place to host their work.
Just a thought a few of us had... Terry

Pizzasgood

#42 Post by Pizzasgood »

You're right, there isn't really anywhere to ask questions about programming in general. So without further ado:
the Programming section
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

sunburnt

#43 Post by sunburnt »

Pizzasgood; The thought was a programmers / developers corner.
I think this is what you have in mind, a general forum for the purpose.
Or is the Cutting Edge forum the place for programming works in progress?

A place to post works in progress and get feedback and bug reports.
A coders watering hole as it were, open for Q`s and A`s and such.

To "echo" battleshooter and James C, many thanks for the efforts... T.

Pizzasgood

#44 Post by Pizzasgood »

Under-development projects that are Puppy related are welcome to live in Cutting Edge or Puppy Projects. Things that are to the point where normal users would be interested in using them may live in Additional Software, though perhaps that's a better place to post only the release versions.

The "Programming" section is for anything that doesn't fit in the above, such as questions, discussions about different languages/styles, non-puppy related projects, etc. Puppy related projects are also welcome there, particularly ones that involve a lot of asking questions about how to do things.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

sunburnt

#45 Post by sunburnt »

My thought too, Additional Software is for finished working versions.
I always thought that Puppy Projects was more for system development.