4.3.1. winmodem is not detecting

Please post any bugs you have found
rameshiyer

4.3.1. winmodem is not detecting

#1 Post by rameshiyer »

Dear Sir

I regret to inform you that the current version 4.30 and latest 4.31 is not detecting my Internal winmodem Conexant Modem 56K. Kindly look into that matter before final release. Please provide Conexant Modem pet package if possible.

In this regard, you may please note that Ist version 4.3 Puppy (dated 18th Sept. 2009) having 110MB-ISO was able to detect the Conexant Modem and working verywell in my PC. I eagrly awaiting your reply and solution.

Ramachandran.
Kerala, India

rerwin

#2 Post by rerwin »

Ramachandran,
Thanks for report your Conexant modem problem. To expedite things, could you run my diagnostic tool and send the generated tarball? It is on page 18 of the 4.3-final bugs thread here:http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 241#349241
If you are running 431, you don't need the pupscan fix there. After installing, enter at a console:
./pmodemdiag

Then send or post the tar.gz file that is generated. I assume Barry recompiled the drivers for kernel 2.6.30.5. I just now recompiled the DGC driver and it matches the module in 431. Which PCI modem type do you have -- HSF or HCF?
Richard

rameshiyer

Now Detecting

#3 Post by rameshiyer »

Dear Sir
Thank you very much your prompt help and advise.
Now , my puppy 4.31 detecting my dial up modem It showing ttySHSF0. May be OK. Now I cannot test the modem working as I don't have dial up connection at office. (for testing, PCI Internal Modem card is installed in my Quad Core 6600 PC ) I will test the same after reaching my home in the evening. In this regard, you may please also note that I have applied your commands( .(/pmodemdiag) in the terminal and getting error message. No such directory like that.... . Please note that I am not a programmer. However, I am working IT Institution.

I Hope, I will able to dial the modem from my residence. Here I am getting Internet connection from high speed LAN.
Anyway I get back to you in the evening (IST)

Thanks again
Regards
Ramachandran

rameshiyer

4.31 Winmoderm is now working

#4 Post by rameshiyer »

Dear Sir

I have tested 4.31 RC1 through Live CD and the same is working. Now I am able to dial up the ISP and able to connect the ISP !!!. Shall I Install/upgrade the same to HDD ( dual boot) ?. Presently I am having the installed version 4.30 (110MB old with Intel driver) uploaded 18th September 2009. I feel, 4.31 RC1 is having more speed while browsing. Is it true ? Or may be due to less crowd in ISP Server? . Anyway Thank you very much for the great help and support. No doubt, this is great achievement for you as well as Linux community.

Thanks once again

Ramachandran

rerwin

#5 Post by rerwin »

rameshiyer,
Congratulations! Thanks for the positive report.

The reason the pmodemdiag script did not run for you is that you left off the initial period/dot. It is dot-slash-pmodemdiag. The dot means "current directory", which would be the root/home directory you see the script in. But no need for it now!

As for what to do next, I would wait until the final 4.3.1 before setting things up for the long term. That should be out in only a few more days. There would be no further need for 430. Just retain the pupsave file(s) (if they hold data you want to keep) and use them with 431.

It has been pleasant to work with you.
Richard

rameshiyer

Winmodem - Thanks

#6 Post by rameshiyer »

Dear Sir

You actually owes the congratulations.- not for me. Hats off to you.

Looking forward your future help and support.

Thank you once again.

Yours sincerely

Ramachandran