Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 27 Nov 2014, 00:45
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Video
Video drivers for Averatec 3200 laptop?
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
ObviousCat

PostPosted: Thu 15 Oct 2009, 18:45    Post_subject:  Video drivers for Averatec 3200 laptop?  

Puppy runs fine @ 1024x768 (this laptop's native res) using default drivers/settings or whatever. However, sites like Gmail, Facebook, and Youtube are sluggish and I want to see if proper drivers could fix this issue.

I don't know anything about the graphics except that they're integrated. Hardinfo doesn't tell me anything about it either. How would I find what my video chipset is and go about installing the proper drivers for it?
Patriot

PostPosted: Fri 16 Oct 2009, 13:02    Post_subject: Re: Video drivers for Averatec 3200 laptop?  

Hmmm .....

The Averatec 3200 seems to be using a KM400 chipset. That would mean an on-board VIA Unichrome vga display. Xorg has via drivers for it but you may want to try out openchrome drivers. You can find a previous version that I'm also using here.

If you try out the openchrome driver pet, you may need to remove the via_drv.so from /usr/X11R7/lib/xorg/modules/drivers ... Do make a backup before removal ...

Rgds
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Video
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum