I Prefer Firefox to Mozilla. How do I?

Booting, installing, newbie
JX

I Prefer Firefox to Mozilla. How do I?

#1 Post by JX »

I've been looking around for a USB or CD distro of Linux to use in NetCafes. You never know what software those guys are running on their systems, and quite often I hate the apps they force you to use. Time for a live CD and a subtle reboot :)

Puppy looks the best (And I have just spent an hour at work looking at all the minimalist Linux distros), especially because you can build your own so easily. I have just one question though.

I prefer FireFox to Mozilla. Is there a Puppy package for FireFox? If not, how difficult is it to take an RPM and convert it?

Replies to JontomXire__AT___yahoo.co.uk would be much appreciated.

Bruce B

#2 Post by Bruce B »

Don't use an RPM or convert an RPM.

Firefox's genuine tarball works just great.

It is pretty straight forward install.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Here's a thread that might help.

JX

Thanks guys

#4 Post by JX »

Thanks guys. That's all really useful feedback. I'm sure I'll be able to get up and running now.

At home I have RedHat 9 running a web, FTP and TeamSpeak server at work. It has so much junk on it that I am really not certain I'll ever need, and I have been seriously thinking of putting Puppy on it just as a minimal distro and then adding the additional software that I need.

It's ancient hardware (well, not that ancient) but I'm sure it runs RedHat slower than it used to run Windows. Very depressing! I'll give Puppy a go and probably end up rebuilding the machine with Puppy.

JX.

papaschtroumpf

#5 Post by papaschtroumpf »

This reminds me, I want a the teamspeak client on my puppy and I also want skype!
Mandriva LE 2005 user and puppy newbie

Rich

#6 Post by Rich »

Skype is available as a PupGet package .