struct (C programming) question.

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
James186282

struct (C programming) question.

#1 Post by James186282 »

I've been trying to come up to speed on linux and C at the same time. My background is assembler along with long ago classes in Fortran, Basic, and Cobol.

Anyhow... I'm playing around with the madwifi driver as I'm also a radio guy and have been trying to get the wifi card (Atheros) that I've got in my laptop to talk on channels 12 and 13 (and 0, -1, -2) as well as being able to select non standard 5GHz channels using my ham radio license. I've got a lot of compiler errors. I'm using puppy 4.30 and the Linux kernel is 2.6.30.6
An example of a line that causes an error is.
struct ath_softc *sc = dev->priv;

An example of the error is
error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'priv' In another post I think the suggestion was made that Linux kernels after a certain version stopped supporting 'priv' I'm kinda lost. Can someone clue me in on whats going wrong and suggest a solution? I really appreciate all the help I've been getting this community of users is the best!

- James

*And sorry for the new guy (moron) questions.

James186282

#2 Post by James186282 »

I don't know if I should list this as [SOLVED] but I downloaded the very latest version of madwifi and it compiled without error. I really spent some serious time head scratching on this and I'm still not sure why the other versions were so filled with errors. I spoke to a chum who told me that Compiler "warnings" are many. Maybe I'm just cockpit overloaded trying too many things at once.