Unable to (option 2) install 1.0.2 to Compaq Presario/59 MB

Booting, installing, newbie
RazaMetaL

Unable to (option 2) install 1.0.2 to Compaq Presario/59 MB

#1 Post by RazaMetaL »

I've downloaded puppy v 1.0.3 but does not recognice mi mouse (does not have psaux module). My laptop is a Compaq Presario 1200 with Intel Celero 600Mhz with 59MB RAM.

The v 1.0.2 runs and detect the mouse with the module psaux. Once started, I use the menu to go to HD Install script. I want to have Puppy as my main and unique OS on this laptop and select the Option [2], when try this option i cant install because puppy detect my ext2 partition and uses it as /home.

How can I install Puppy at my HD ?

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Ian »

Could you tell us what partitions you have on your hard drive, the size and type please.

BarryK
Puppy Master

Re: Unable to (option 2) install 1.0.2 to Compaq Presario/59

#3 Post by BarryK »

RazaMetaL wrote:I've downloaded puppy v 1.0.3 but does not recognice mi mouse (does not have psaux module). My laptop is a Compaq Presario 1200 with Intel Celero 600Mhz with 59MB RAM.

The v 1.0.2 runs and detect the mouse with the module psaux. Once started, I use the menu to go to HD Install script. I want to have Puppy as my main and unique OS on this laptop and select the Option [2], when try this option i cant install because puppy detect my ext2 partition and uses it as /home.

How can I install Puppy at my HD ?
V1.0.3 kernel has psaux mouse support built-in to the kernel, so no psaux module. So, your psaux mouse should work, when you are asked to choose mouse type at first bootup.

V1.0.3 has a boot menu option to not save to hard drive, precisely for the problem you describe.