Lobster, MU et al

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
noip

Lobster, MU et al

#1 Post by noip »

For Lobster, Mu and the rest of the regular contributors ( I'm more of a lurker) - seeing your patience, consideration and helpfulness is a breath of fresh air in comparison to other replies I've seen to people in other Linux forums.

Puppy is indeed fortunate to have you as ambasadors.

Rgds

GS

ftgs.

MU

#2 Post by MU »

thanks for the kind words.
I run a german board with 100.000 messages since 1997.
there were 2 or 3 times when I thought of closing it, because some people forgot the basic goal -to help each other.
Instead they started to insult others, if those had different opinions/taste (my Mandrake is better than your Suse,you idiot).

Fortunately my announcement to close the board led the people to overthink their preferences.

Be a bit more polite - or never post again.
There are off course still disputes, but that is ok, as I don't like "uniform opinions". Just now people are more patient, and show more respect when writing.
That was quite encouraging :)

Greets, Mark

Lobster
Official Crustacean

100% Prophet

#3 Post by Lobster »

Here is what a well wisher says in a private message (PM):

"you are an amazing resource., mr lobster. I heard your voice learning puppy, and you deserve great thanks. thankyou. thankyou:) seriously keeep doing what your doing. Your name is part of me thankyou lobster you shouldberich."

Adulation is good - it goes straight to my head and finds lots of empty room.

What we are talking about and Mark describes and GuestToo and Barry and most of our Puppys exhibit is courtesty (the behaviour expected at court)

It is traditional for penguins to insult Bill Gates and Microsoft but they have done a great deal for compliance and invigoration. I bear them no real grudge. Linux has already won, it is just a question of time.

In my religious beliefs it is said by our Profit (or 100% as she is sometimes known): "Be big enough to be kind and small enough to avoid the insulting"

:D just use this :D and Be Happy - you will feel better for it . . .
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D