Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 01 Sep 2014, 10:37
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Eye Candy
Custom theme
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
captorofsin

PostPosted: Wed 30 Sep 2009, 20:56    Post subject:  Custom theme  

Hi everyone, here's a little something I did in Puppy 4.2.1 a while ago to make it look more visually balanced and refined.

I've combined the Gradient-grey JWM theme with the Clearlooks Gtk+ 2.0 theme, and set the JQ8flat-lite icon set with the Pwidgets_background. I've also made a customized menu button that incorporates the official puppy logo, altered the widget side bar and rearranged a few of the widgets.

I really like the official Puppy logo, and it seems silly not to have it incorporated into the default puppy theme. I think it looks really nice in the menu button.

I know Puppy 4.3 has been released, and I could incorporate this style into the newer version, but I thought I'd show you what I've done here anyway.
puppy_screen_2.jpg
 Description   Another screenshot of the desktop
 Filesize   61.72 KB
 Viewed   1147 Time(s)

puppy_screen_2.jpg

puppy_screen.jpg
 Description   Screenshot of the desktop
 Filesize   28.28 KB
 Viewed   1163 Time(s)

puppy_screen.jpg

start-button.png
 Description   Customized menu button with official puppy logo
 Filesize   1.69 KB
 Viewed   1137 Time(s)

start-button.png

steve_s

PostPosted: Tue 17 Nov 2009, 12:21    Post subject: Re: Custom theme  

captorofsin wrote:
Hi everyone, here's a little something I did in Puppy 4.2.1 a while ago to make it look more visually balanced and refined.

I've combined the Gradient-grey JWM theme with the Clearlooks Gtk+ 2.0 theme, and set the JQ8flat-lite icon set with the Pwidgets_background. I've also made a customized menu button that incorporates the official puppy logo, altered the widget side bar and rearranged a few of the widgets.

I really like the official Puppy logo, and it seems silly not to have it incorporated into the default puppy theme. I think it looks really nice in the menu button.

I know Puppy 4.3 has been released, and I could incorporate this style into the newer version, but I thought I'd show you what I've done here anyway.

Hey, great stuff! Good to see another eye candy person...

come join your ideas to this thread if you got some good screenshots like these and you come up with more. My Puppy is more Gorgeous Than Yours Thread...

Also, Icon Themes Exchange. And as you do wallpaper stuff, please post here, Wallpaper thread.

Also, member number dejan555 has some good stuff that he has collected (he has posts all over those thread that I posted), so check out his posts and his signature for page links.

Again, glad to see another person with some artistic directives and please keep those contributions coming. I love watching Puppy progress and perhaps you can continue to add...welcome! Cool

Welcome
dejan555

PostPosted: Tue 17 Nov 2009, 13:07    Post subject:  

Welcome to the kennels! Very Happy

Puppy Bling site: http://puppy-look.tk/
Puppy Linux Gallery: http://puppy.b0x.me/gallery

All stuff from those sites is also in forum threads steve_s mentioned, but accumulated there for easier browsing. Wink

steve_s

PostPosted: Tue 17 Nov 2009, 13:39    Post subject:  

dejan555 wrote:
Welcome to the kennels! Very Happy

Puppy Bling site: http://puppy-look.tk/
Puppy Linux Gallery: http://puppy.b0x.me/gallery

All stuff from those sites is also in forum threads steve_s mentioned, but accumulated there for easier browsing. Wink

Thanks, dejan; i was hoping you'd chime in. Cool
`f00

PostPosted: Thu 19 Nov 2009, 15:13    Post subject:
Subject description: mm yes (cool nick, btw)

Simple elegance hath charm (especially after wowsing thru several wms and almost losing track of which one was current Laughing ) - wilkommst indeed and don't be a stranger. Now to try out some newly dl'd pekwm themes and see what's new with the (fairly) recent AS and fix that pesky menu Smile
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Eye Candy
Jump to: