Seamonkey-2.0 Final

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
trapster

#41 Post by trapster »

Monkeymenu for seamonkey 2.0
Seems to be working well for me.
Thank you vovchik for making me dig

Download and save locally
Open with seamonkey menu "File/Open File"
It will ask to restart seamonkey
Monkeymenu will be found under "Tools" menu.

I do not know why it will not automatically install when clicking on it like other addons.

Monkeymenu
trapster
Maine, USA

Asus eeepc 1005HA PU1X-BK
Frugal install: Slacko
Currently using full install: DebianDog

Max Headroom

One More Thing Please...

#42 Post by Max Headroom »

Also I Discovered the Old Original Seamonkey 1.1.18 in the given path /usr/lib/seamonkey, is it OK 2 Delete this since it's Not removable from the Puppy Package Manager or might I Break sumthing that Depends on it?

DaveS

Re: One More Thing Please...

#43 Post by DaveS »

Max Headroom wrote:Also I Discovered the Old Original Seamonkey 1.1.18 in the given path /usr/lib/seamonkey, is it OK 2 Delete this since it's Not removable from the Puppy Package Manager or might I Break sumthing that Depends on it?
Some packages like gxine depend on seamonkey libs. There is no point in deleting it unless you re-master as it wont save any space. Also, CUPS uses 1.1.18. You have to edit defaultbrowser and cups_shell to make it use SM2, and I have never tried making that work.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

Max Headroom

Thanx DaveS 4 Y'r Prompt Reply

#44 Post by Max Headroom »

Thanx DaveS 4 Y'r Prompt Reply

I Don't have a Working Printer Connected @Home Yet, But I'll take Y'r Advice & Play it Safe, Perhaps that issue will come out in the wash of Dingo 4.4 :wink:

edl

#45 Post by edl »

sorry
but the pet package not function on puppy 4.20.

edl

#46 Post by edl »

sorry

01micko

#47 Post by 01micko »

edl
What do you mean by that? I have it working fine in 4.2.1. You may need to do this...
in /usr/bin there should be a symlink to /usr/lib/seamonkey-2.0/seamonkey which executes the browser. It should run fine from a prompt. I don't know about xfce so that's all I can tell you. You could possibly drag that shortcut to the desktop and assign it an icon.
If you don't know how, search the forum or ask a question in the beginners forum. There could be many things that went wrong.

Cheers
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

8-bit

#48 Post by 8-bit »

<SOLVED>

I am still pulling my hair out trying to get my email to work with Seamonkey 2.0.
I had setup email using the desktop email icon and got it to work there.
When I was running Seamonkey 1.8.1, it recognized and used the settings I had already set up.
With Seamonkey 2.0, I am unable to import my email settings, accounts, inbox, etc.
When I open my email via the icon on the desktop, and also in Seamonkey 1.18, the inbox showed it had messages in it.
Seamonkey 2.0 shows it as empty.
Also, I had to do some exotic settings to get my mail to work with the mail setup using the desktop icon with my email account at msn.com.
The options I used are combined in Seamonkey 2.0 and the damn things don't work!
Anyone else had any success?
And before you tell me Seamonkey's web site has the answer, I will say that I have already tried that.
After reading some of the posts on their forum, I have to say I am not alone in this!
Last edited by 8-bit on Fri 20 Nov 2009, 04:04, edited 2 times in total.

aragon

#49 Post by aragon »

01micko wrote:edl
What do you mean by that? I have it working fine in 4.2.1.
micko,

could it be that this is also a problem of libgio?

aragon

davids45

#50 Post by davids45 »

G'day 8-bit,

I don't know precisely how you are using your email set-up with Seamonkey but I find with Seamonkey2.0 that it is using a slightly different default location to the traditional Seamonkey. Seamonkey2.0 creates seamonkey directories whereas traditional Seamonkeys use mozilla directories. The only plus side I see for this is you can run both Seamonkeys in the same OS.

I don't use the profile manager so maybe the following won't help you.
Anyway, I keep all my mail, bookmarks, address books in a Mail directory on a separate partition from all the OS partitions on my computer. For Puppies, I symlink the bookmark and address book files in the default (random charactered) directory usually in /root/.mozilla to the data partition directory.

In Mail, I also set the Local Folders directory (and any other accounts) in the Mail Account Properties menu to this Mail directory. So all my Pups (and XP) use the same and only Mail data files.

Of course, I have to auto-mount the data partition with every OS otherwise Seamonkey just shows blank pages for Mail, Bookmarks, etc.

Seamonkey2.0 seems to have or create a couple of 'default' seamonkey directories so it took me a couple of goes to find in which one I needed to delete the default bookmarks file and to replace this with a symlink to my bookmarks.html in my Mail data directory. Having found the seamonkey directory I wanted, I then made the other changes there as well. Works very well (so far).

Try pfind to locate all the seamonkey directories and check which is the working directory. It may not be the one in /root/.mozilla/seamonkey Once you find the right one, then modify/link the appropriate files to suit your system.

Seamonkey2.0 does work - I've got it going in dpup482 and Puppy Arcade (which don't have a good cross-OS email package like Seamonkey).

Good luck,

David S.

8-bit

#51 Post by 8-bit »

As I said earlier, SOLVED.
But to let you know what I did to have Seamonkey 2.0 use the mail folder from Seamonkey 1.81 is this.
I opened the file manager.
I left-clicked on the EYE to show all files.
I then opened the .mozilla directory.
I then opened the seamonkey directory.
I then opened the xxxxxxx.default (xxx represents a profile).
I opened that directory.
I then renamed the Mail folder to Old_Mail
I then backed up to the .mozilla directory
I then opened the default directory.
I then opened the xxx.slt directory.
I right-clicked on the Mail directory and selected link.
I then typed in ./mozilla/seamonkey/xxxxx.default/Mail.

That created a link to my Seamonkey 1.8.1 profile/Mail directory in .mozilla.

So now, if I click on the mail icon on the desktop, the same mail is displayed as is in Seamonkey 2.0 and an update to one is shown in the other.
So again, problem solved.

WB7ODYFred

PuppyLinux 4.2.0 needs libgio.pet for Seamonkey-2.0 Final

#52 Post by WB7ODYFred »

Installed Seamonkey 2.0 Pet and after Pet Package Manager installation completed it reported these missing files.

libgio-2.0.so.0
libthebes.so
libnssutil3.so

2nd, I installed libgio.pet and now Seamonkey-2.0 works on PuppyLinux 4.2.0
This worked for me. You should install libgio.pet before Seamonkey-2.0.pet because you will not have an operational browser to download other .PET files. I had to use Pet Package Manager to install Links browser to get the libgio.pet file downloaded

WB7ODYFred
Attachments
libgio.pet
File libgio.pet needs to be installed for PuppyLinux 4.2.0 to operate Seamonkey 2.0
(145.7 KiB) Downloaded 2657 times

01micko

#53 Post by 01micko »

aragon wrote: micko,

could it be that this is also a problem of libgio?

aragon
Looks like the case. Thanks to WB7ODYFred for solving that!

Cheers

vtpup

#54 Post by vtpup »

I've loaded the 2.0 .pet onto 4.3.1 as an experiment. I found it was important to readability to copy Barry's changes to the chrome settings .css documents to the new chrome folder, and rename the new ones to the same name as the old ones.

Also, like many other frugal multi-booters, I keep my .mozilla folder outside of the personal savefile (in /mnt/home) and link various Puppies with seamonkey to it. They all share the same .mozilla.

Now 2.0 is a little different.

Using what others have written, I've successfully linked my bookmarks and address book from my main default in .mozilla to the new 2.0 Seamonkey default directory.

I've also linked my mail folder to the new seamonkey. However, I receive the account start up wizard as soon as I open the new email program. If I cancel out of the wizard the mail itself doesn't show up in the 2.0 mail program

How did you guys who are seeing your mail in 2.0 handle setting up accounts? Is there a way of linking these, too, and where are they located in .mozilla?

Thanks!

edl

#55 Post by edl »

hi o1micko
this is screen shots about library
[img][img]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3420/172622p.th.jpg[/img][/img]

vtpup

#56 Post by vtpup »

Instead of canceling out of the account setup Wizard, I set up a new account. When I closed out of seamonkey browser and email and re-opened I finally did see my mail.

I do wish someone could advise on how to transfer or link email server accounts from an older seamonkey to 2.0.

I have a fair number of them, and they have different settings. It's a pain to set them all up again.

I wish I could find where account data is kept. But I haven't found it yet.

01micko

#57 Post by 01micko »

Hi edl

I do realise when installing seamonkey 2 on 4.2x that the package manager does print out a lot of dependency issues, however only one is necessary, libgio . It is safe to ignore the others. I made a note in the main post. The reason I did not realise is because I use Valide which requires the libgio dependency and I already had it installed in my 4.2.1 awhile ago.

Cheers